Charlesworth Commits to Northern Michigan
The Green Bay Gamblers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) are pleased to announce that defenseman Jackson Charlesworth has committed to Northern Michigan of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.
Drafted in the fifth round of Phase II of the 2016 USHL Draft, Charlesworth is in his first full season with the Gamblers. The Antigo, WI has seen action in 40 games netting 12 points (1 goal, 11 assists).
Charlesworth becomes the 19th Gambler on the 2016-2017 squad to commit to a NCAA Division I institution. Others include forwards Chris Grando (Boston College) John Leonard (UMass), Jared Spooner (Minnesota State), Robert Herrman (Arizona State) Jason Dhooghe (Wisconsin), Dante Palecco (Yale) Matt Jennings (Dartmouth), Brock Caufield (Ohio State), Trenton Bliss (Wisconsin), Josh Kosack (Union), Nolan Moyle (Michigan State), defensemen Connor Mackey (Minnesota State), Matt Berkovitz (Army West Point), Michael Bevilacqua (Canisius College), Alexis Binner (Maine), Rourke Russell (Miami) and goaltender David Hrenak (St. Cloud St.).
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2017
- Phantoms Acquire Omaha Lancers Assistant Captain - Youngstown Phantoms
- Lancers Bolster for Future - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Hosting Mascot Night Sunday to Celebrate Rusty's Birthday - Chicago Steel
- Messner Named USHL/CCM Forward of the Week - Madison Capitols
- USHL Players of the Week - USHL
- Linus Weissbach Commits to Wisconsin - Tri-City Storm
- Charlesworth Commits to Northern Michigan - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.