Cayden Primeau Named to AHL All-Rookie Team
LAVAL - The American Hockey League announced today that Rocket goaltender Cayden Primeau has been named to the All-Rookie Team for the 2019-20 season.
Primeau, 20, established himself as one of the top goaltenders in the League in his first AHL season. In 33 appearances with Laval, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound netminder posted a record of 17-11-3, while ranking ninth in the league (first among rookie goaltenders) with a 2.45 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage. The Farmington Hills, MI native also tied for third in the AHL with four shutouts behind only Kaapo Kahkonen (Iowa Wild) and Maxime Lagacé (Providence Bruins).
A seventh-round draft pick of the Montreal Canadiens in 2017 (199th overall), Primeau also played in his first two NHL games earlier this season. He earned his first NHL win against the Ottawa Senators on December 11.
This marks the first time a Rocket player has earned All-Rookie Team honors.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 19, 2020
- Norris and Formenton Named 2019-20 AHL All-Rookie Team - Belleville Senators
- Cayden Primeau Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Laval Rocket
- 2019-20 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- Rafferty Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Utica Comets
- 2020 AHL Team Business Spring Series Meetings Begin Today - AHL
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Laval Rocket Agrees to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Defenseman Nathanael Halbert
- Laval Rocket Agree to Terms on One-Year Contracts with Samuel Vigneault and Corey Schueneman
- Rise Together, the Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, Evenko and L'equipe Spectra Fundraising Initiative, Tops the $108,000 Mark
- Rocket Agree to Terms on a One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Forward Rafael Harvey-Pinard
- Rocket Agree to Terms on a One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Forward Yannick Veilleux