Cardinals Offering 2 Free Tix for Helping Local Emergency Blood Shortage
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- The Community Blood Center of the Ozarks (CBCO) has issued a Code Red Emergency Alert for blood donations and the Springfield Cardinals are encouraging fans throughout the area to help.
All fans that give blood at the Thomson Donor Center now through February 16 will receive one FREE pair of tickets to see the Springfield Cardinals face the Frisco RoughRiders on Sunday, April 15 at 4:10 pm...all while helping save local lives from Missouri to Arkansas to Kansas in the process.
April 15 is a Hiland Dairy Ice Cream Sunday with free ice cream for kids before the game and Kids Run the Bases after the game.
"Blood donations dropped by more than 500 units in January while local hospital usage increased sharply, prompting chronic shortages throughout most of the past month," the CBCO said on their official website. "Blood center officials attribute much of the decline in donations to the severe flu epidemic throughout the Ozarks, along with weather-related cancellations."
The Thomson Donor Center is located at 220 W Plainview Road, Springfield, MO 65810. Ticket availability while supplies last.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from February 13, 2018
- Cardinals Offering 2 Free Tix for Helping Local Emergency Blood Shortage - Springfield Cardinals
- Hooks Direct Harvey Funds to Area Youth - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Missions to Take Part in MiLB's Copa de la Diversion Initiative - San Antonio Missions
- Drillers Set Impressive Lineup of Promotions for 2018 - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Cardinals Stories
- Fan Safety at Hammons Field
- Drake's Late Homer Lifts Cardinals to 9-7 Win over Naturals
- Cardinals Drop Both Games of Sunday Doubleheader to Naturals
- Cardinals Win 1-0 Behind Reyes' 13-Strikeout, 1-Hit Gem
- Cardinals Drop Opener to Naturals, Woodford Tosses 7 Strong Innings