Capitals Re-Sign Forward Brian Pinho
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has re-signed forward Brian Pinho to one-year, two-way contract for the 2019-20 season. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Pinho, 24, posted 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 73 games with the Chocolate and White this past season. He scored his first professional goal on Oct. 19 at Charlotte. In the playoffs, Pinho skated in eight games, and the rookie forward had two points (one goal, one assist). He struck for the overtime goal in Game 5 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals at Bridgeport, giving Hershey the series victory in the deciding game of the opening round of the Calder Cup Playoffs.
The native of North Andover, Massachusetts was a 6th round selection, 174th overall, of the Capitals in 2013. He won a National Championship at Providence College, where he appeared in 156 career NCAA games, tallying 115 points (39 goals, 76 assists).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Condors Equipment and Locker Room Sale Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Ink Wisconsin Native Novak to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Capitals Re-Sign Forward Brian Pinho - Hershey Bears
- Stockton Signs Forward Mason Morelli - Stockton Heat
- Capitals Re-Sign Forward Shane Gersich - Hershey Bears
- Iowa Wild Announces Guaranteed Dates for 2019-20 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.