Capitals Re-Assign Madison Bowey to Bears
(Hershey, PA)- The Washington Capitals have re-assigned defender Madison Bowey to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Bowey, 22, appeared in Hershey's first game of the season on Oct. 7 at Lehigh Valley, registering two penalty minutes. He was recalled by the Capitals on Oct. 14, and made his NHL debut that night in Philadelphia. He appeared in 51 games with the Capitals this season, posting 12 assists and 24 penalty minutes.
Bowey spent the previous two seasons with the Chocolate and White, skating in 105 career games, scoring 43 points (seven goals, 36 assists) and posting a plus-26 rating.
The blue liner had 14 points in an injury shortened season in 2016-17 as a slight laceration of the tendon on his ankle on Dec. 28 caused him to miss 32 games. He returned in time for the playoffs, notching four points (two goals, two assists) in 10 games, including the overtime winning goal in Game 5 of the Atlantic Division Finals at Providence.
Bowey was a second round selection (53rd overall) by Washington in the 2013 NHL Draft. The former Kelowna defender won a WHL championship with the Rockets in 2014-15, and also won a gold medal with Canada at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championships.
The Hershey Bears return home on Friday, March 16 against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for Scout Night. Puck drop is slated for 7 p.m. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2018
- Penguins Score in Bunches to Beat Checkers, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Fall to Penguins 5-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Heat Regain Playoff Spot in Jam-Packed Pacific Division - Stockton Heat
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- St. Louis Blues Reassign Goaltender Ville Husso to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Madison Bowey to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO for Divisional Clash with Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Host Three Pivotal Central Division Matchups - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Weekly: Banged-Up Bears Search for Offense - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ortega from Utah - San Diego Gulls
- Rangers Recall Ryan Sproul from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Host Pi(E) Night and Beach Cooler Frenzy this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Head Coach Scott Gordon Signed to Contract Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Louis Domingue to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- First-Place Phantoms Back at PPL Center this Saturday, Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly: Penguins Play Checkers Tonight, Tomorrow, and Celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall Ullmark from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Add Tyler Mueller to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 23 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.