'Canes Sign Dan Renouf to One-Year Deal
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Dan Renouf on a one-year, two-way contract. The contract will pay $650,000 on the NHL level or $70,000 on the American Hockey League (AHL) level in 2018-19, with a guarantee of at least $100,000.
"Dan is a sturdy, reliable defenseman," said Waddell. "He'll be a steady presence on the blue line in our system."
Renouf, 24, registered 12 points (2g, 10a) in 73 games with Detroit's AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins, in 2017-18. The 6'3", 210-pound blueliner ranked second on the team in penalty minutes (83) last season and won a Calder Cup with the Griffins during the 2016-17 season. Renouf has recorded 29 points (5g, 24a) in 146 career AHL games with Grand Rapids. He has appeared in one NHL game, making his NHL debut with Detroit on March 27, 2017, at Carolina. The Ajax, Ont., native signed with the Red Wings as an undrafted free agent on March 10, 2016. Prior to turning professional, Renouf skated in 111 games over three seasons with the University of Maine (Hockey East), recording 38 points (10g, 28a).
For information about Hurricanes ticket packages, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2018
- Islanders Agree to Terms with Mike Sislo - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Islanders Agree to Terms with Matt Lorito - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Islanders Bring Back Christopher Gibson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Islanders Agree to Terms with Seth Helgeson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Schenn, Gibbons, Rowney, Street, Coreau, Rodin to Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Avalanche Signs Cannata, Kosmachuk, Dries - Colorado Eagles
- Macdonald and Tapper Join Griffins' Coaching Staff - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Sign Forward Buddy Robinson - Stockton Heat
- 'Canes Sign Dan Renouf to One-Year Deal - Charlotte Checkers
- Panthers Agree to Terms with F Paul Thompson, D Jacob Macdonald - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flames Sign Forward James Neal - Stockton Heat
- Pirri, Lagace Back; Vegas Adds Five More in Free Agency - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Name Varady as Tucson Roadrunners New Head Coach - Tucson Roadrunners
- Predators Sign Zac Rinaldo to Two-Way Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Sign Trio of Forwards - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign Forward Wacey Hamilton to a Two-Year Contract - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.