'Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has recalled defenseman Jake Bean from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.
Bean, 20, finished second among rookie AHL defensemen in goals (13) and points (44) and ranked third in assists (31) during the regular season. The 6'1", 181-pound defenseman led all Charlotte blueliners in goals and was named to the 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie team. Bean skated in a pair of NHL games with Carolina, making his NHL debut on Nov. 27 at Montreal. The Calgary, Alta., native was drafted by Carolina in the first round, 13th overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft.
The Hurricanes host the New York Islanders in Game 4 of their Second Round series at PNC Arena on Friday at 7:00 p.m. For information about 2019 Hurricanes playoff tickets, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 2, 2019
- Hockey Continues to Grow with Roadrunners in Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Marchand, Thompson - Rockford IceHogs
- Live Calder Cup Playoff Action Coming to NHL Network - AHL
- Marlies Win Game One 5-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins' 2019-20 Home Opener Set for October 11 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Jose's Logan Couture Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- 'Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Iowa Drops Series Opener to Chicago 2-1 in Overtime - Iowa Wild
- Wolves Seize Game 1 in OT - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.