Campoli, Cajkovic and Deakin-Poot Big Winners at Year End Awards
Defenceman Michael Campoli was awarded the Bell Aliant Most Valuable Player Award on Monday night during the 14th Annual Sea Dogs Awards Banquet.
The 21-year-old from Point-Claire, QC also took home the Saint John Airport Academic Player of the Year award, and the Sun Life Financial - Brad Stanley Financial Services Defenceman of the Year Award.
Maxim Cajkovic was recognized with the Alpine 3 Stars Award, Pepsi Top Scorer Award and the Grant Thornton Rookie of the Year Award.
Also winning big was forward Nicholas Deakin-Poot who took home the Tim Hortons Most Improved Player Award and the Scotiabank Community Service Award.
Veteran forward William Poirier was awarded the Deloitte Best Defensive Forward Award.
Rookie William Villeneuve won the Irving Oil Team Player Award while Benjamin Gagné earned the Children's Wish Foundation Fans Choice Award.
Congratulations to all nominees and award winners!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Isles Hold on to Defeat Titan, Inch Closer to Home Ice Advantage - Charlottetown Islanders
- Eagles Edge Sea Dogs in Final Home Game of the Regular Season - Cape Breton Eagles
- Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings Unveiled - QMJHL
- Three Finalists for the Marcel-Robert Trophy Unveiled - QMJHL
- Bathurst Returns to Charlottetown on QMJHL 50th Anniversary Night - Charlottetown Islanders
- Campoli, Cajkovic and Deakin-Poot Big Winners at Year End Awards - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.