By the Numbers: the Streak Continues
67 - Chances galore
Nani, Mauricio Pereyra, and Chris Mueller have made up quite the attacking trident for Orlando City this season. The three of them have played 67 key passes (passes that lead directly to a shot) combined, the third-highest number for any trio of teammates in the league behind Toronto FC's Alejandro Pozuelo, Pablo Piatti, and Marky Delgado (81) and LAFC's Brian Rodriguez, Diego Rossi, and Mark-Anthony Kaye (75).
3, 5, 7 - Stepping up
Due to injuries across Orlando City's backline, the trio of Kyle Smith, Kamal Miller, and Rodrigo Schlegel has had to step up and fill in the gaps. During Sunday night's clean sheet against Dallas, the three were exceptional. Miller, who was thrown in off the bench midway through the first half after an injury to Ruan, led the team with three interceptions. Schlegel set the pace with five tackles, while Smith led the group with seven ball recoveries.
1.86 - Shield in sight?
Orlando City sit four points behind the Columbus Crew in the 2020 Supporters' Shield standings, with Toronto FC and the Philadelphia Union between the two sides. In many years, though, Orlando's 1.86 points per game pace would be enough to take home the Shield. The title holders in 2013, 2015, and 2016 all had a lower points per game rate than 2020 Orlando, though each of the past three seasons has seen new records set in that department.
8 - Red Bull gives you wings
2020 had not been kind to the New York Red Bulls-at least before the past week. RBNY went out in the group stage of the MLS is Back Tournament and scored just nine goals in their first 12 games of the season. But the Red Bulls have suddenly found life, nearly equalling their previous season total with eight goals in their past two games, a pair of 4-1 wins over Inter Miami and Montreal. Daniel Royer and Tom Barlow have each scored twice in the run, while Royer has also chipped in two assists.
1.5 - FAIRWINDS Credit Union
Score up to 1.5% cash back and LionNation points when you use your FAIRWINDS Orlando City Visa® or Orlando Pride Visa® on game day purchases and everyday essentials. Apply today and get purple carded.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 30, 2020
- Orlando City SC Bench Boss OScar Pareja Moving up the Charts: MLS Week 15 News & Notes - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Midfielder Albert Rusnak Called to Slovakian National Team - Real Salt Lake
- New York Red Bulls Host FIFA $5K Faceoff to Celebrate Launch of FIFA 21 - New York Red Bulls
- By the Numbers: the Streak Continues - Orlando City SC
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: September 30, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Colorado Rapids' Postponed Match against Sporting Kansas City Rescheduled for October 21 - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Match at Colorado Rescheduled for October 21 - Sporting Kansas City
- Atlanta United Foundation Launches GA 100 Campaign to Build up to 100 Mini-Soccer Pitches Throughout Georgia - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.