By the Numbers: GPG vs. Galaxy
5 - Goals in a game
Orlando City thrashed FC Cincinnati 5-1 on Sunday in one of the biggest wins in club history. It was Orlando's first time to five goals since a 6-1 win over New England on September 27, 2017. However, the Revs went down to ten men in the 11th minute of that game. Sunday was the first time Orlando put five past an 11-man side since September 25, 2015, a 5-2 victory at the New York Red Bulls.
202 - MLS goals
Orlando entered Sunday's contest on 197 MLS goals since joining the league in 2015. It didn't take them long to get to 200. Nani's second goal, redirected on frame after a marvelous run from Ruan, was enough to get Orlando past the double century mark. Tesho Akindele and Dom Dwyer later tacked on goals 201 and 202 to truly cement it.
1.55 - Nani's impact
Nani made a triumphant return to the XI on Sunday, bagging his second brace as a Lion. Orlando City are 4-3-2 when Nani starts, a rate of 1.55 points per game. The Lions have a +4 goal differential with Nani on the pitch (16 GF/12 GA). The former Manchester United star is fourth in the league in goals and assists per 90 minutes and is second among players with at least 500 minutes of game time, behind only LAFC's Carlos Vela.
4 with 5 - Variety in attack
Nani isn't the only player making major contributions. Akindele (4 G/1 A), Dwyer (4 G/2 A), and Chris Mueller (3 G/2 A) have all put in at least five goal contributions for Orlando this season. Orlando City are one of only two teams in all of Major League Soccer that have four players with at least five goal contributions, along with LAFC (who have five).
30 and 31 - TESHOOOOOOOO
Akindele hit a personal milestone on Sunday against Cincinnati, scoring the 30th goal of his MLS career (including playoffs) when he beat Spencer Richey in the 37th minute. Tesho then added number 31 in the second half for good measure.
2.75 - GPG vs. Galaxy
Orlando City have never had an issue racking up goals against the Los Angeles Galaxy. The Lions have scored 11 goals against LA in just four games, a rate of 2.75 per game. That's the highest goals per game for Orlando against any opponent. It's been consistent, too- Orlando have scored at least twice against the Galaxy every time they've played.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 23, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 23, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Looks to Extend Unbeaten Streak to Seven on Friday Night against Montreal Impact - Los Angeles FC
- Impact Visits Los Angeles FC Friday Night - Montreal Impact
- Eight Houston Dynamo Players Available for Fans to Vote for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - Houston Dynamo
- Eight LAFC Players Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Ballot - Los Angeles FC
- Eight Real Salt Lake Players on 2019 MLS All-Star Ballot - Real Salt Lake
- Eight Impact Players Nominated for the 2019 MLS All-Star Game - Montreal Impact
- Fan Voting Launches for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Fan Voting Launches for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- Fan Voting Launches for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - MLS
- Minnesota United Announces Long-Term Partnership with National Sports Center - Minnesota United FC
- Eight FC Dallas Player Available for Fans to Vote for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Defending MLS Cup Champion Atlanta United FC Friday at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, Lansing Ignite FC Form Alliance - Chicago Fire
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Real Salt Lake - Atlanta United FC
- Preview: Orlando City Hosts La Galaxy on Friday - Orlando City SC
- By the Numbers: GPG vs. Galaxy - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.