Bulls Best Shrimp 6-3
DURHAM, N.C. - Bulls left fielder Ryan Boldt clubbed two hits and scored two runs, while designated hitter Joseph Odom drove in two runs to earn a series victory in Durham's rain-shortened 6-3 win over the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp on Sunday evening at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
Bulls CF Josh Lowe's first-inning sacrifice fly opened the scoring. Jacksonville responded with a pair of tallies in the second, though Durham would Odom would smack a game-tying RBI double to right in the last of the second. Following a one-hour rain delay, LF Brett Sullivan clubbed an RBI single to right that brought across two scores to give the Bulls a two-run advantage before Odom's sacrifice fly capped the three-run frame. The Jumbo Shrimp would cut the advantage to two with a score in the fifth, however the margin was raised back to three when 2B Kevin Padlo lined a single to left in the seventh before rain forced the contest to be called in the top of the eighth.
Boldt (2-4, 2 R, 2B) was the lone player from either side to record a multi-hit effort. 3B Mike Ford reached base twice via walks, however did not record a hit, snapping his hit streak at 11 games.
Durham reliever Phoenix Sanders (1.1 IP, H, R, ER, BB, K) earned the victory to improve to 3-0. Fellow relief men Adam Conley (1.0 IP, 2 BB, K), Joey Krehbiel (0.2 IP) and Louis Head (0.1 IP, H) combined for the final 2.0 innings, with Head notching his team-best fourth save. Jacksonville righty Edward Cabrera (3.0 IP, 4 H, 4 4R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K) suffered the defeat in his Triple-A debut.
Following a league-wide off day on Monday, the Bulls continue their 12-game homestand by starting a six-game series versus the Charlotte Knights on Tuesday, July 20. First pitch of the series opener is scheduled for 6:35pm ET. Starting pitchers have not yet been announced. Durham Bulls Athletic Park will also host Team USA in a tune-up game for the 2020 Olympic Games Tokyo on Monday evening, facing the Collegiate National Team. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35pm, with gates opening at 5:30pm. Tickets for that game, as well as all remaining Bulls home games are available and can be purchased at DurhamBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from July 18, 2021
- Sounds Fall in Series Finale, Lose Third Straight - Nashville Sounds
- Bulls Best Shrimp 6-3 - Durham Bulls
- Jacksonville Drops Series Finale in Rain-Shortened Contest - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Kansas City Prospects Bobby Witt Jr. and Nick Pratto Promoted to Triple-A Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Hens Shutout Cubs in Series Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- Toledo Shuts out Iowa in Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- Saints Come from Four Back for Walk-Off 7-6 Win in 10 - St. Paul Saints
- Smith, White Homer in 4-0 Bisons Shutout Win over the IronPigs - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs split on Sunday in Trenton - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Five Home Runs Overpower Norfolk in Series Finale at Memphis - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Fall to IronPigs, 12-2, in Suspended Game from Saturday - Buffalo Bisons
- Grand Slam Caps Eight-Run Rout for Indy - Indianapolis Indians
- Chasers Drop Sunday Finale at Victory FieldÃÂ - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Slug Their Way to an Eighth Straight Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Noll, Wings Win Series Finale Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Worcester Suspended - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mazeika Homers Again, But Mets Drop Series Finale to Red Wings, 6-2 - Syracuse Mets
- Marvel Super Hero Nights this Summer - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (31-32) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (40-23) - Indianapolis Indians
- July 18 Game Notes: Iowa at Toledo - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: July 18, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - July 18, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Strong Starts Lead Chasers to Doubleheader Sweep - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.