BULLDOGS HOLD ON FOR 4-3 WIN IN ERIE
HAMILTON, ONTARIO - The Hamilton Bulldogs started off the weekend with a 4-3 win in Erie Friday night.
The Bulldogs got off to a fast start as Marian Studenic (15) wrapped home a rebound at the 28-second mark to give the visitors a 1-0 lead. The Otters took advantage of their first power-play at 12:04 to tie the game 1-1, but Hamilton ended the 1st period strong as Ryan Moore (14) celebrated his 300th career OHL game with a goal to give his team a 2-1 lead.
It was the Nicolas Mattinen (6, 7) show in the 2nd period as the big defenseman showed off his booming shot scoring his first two goals as a Bulldog giving the Black and Gold a 4-1 lead.
Erie made it interesting in the 3rd period with two goals, 1-minute apart to cut the lead to 4-3, but the Bulldogs survived a mad push by the Otters in the dying seconds to hang on for the 4-3 win.
3 Stars: 1). Nicolas Mattinen (HAM). 2). Matthew Strome (HAM). 3). Ivan Lodnia (ERIE).
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2018
- Series of Unfortunate Events Downs Petes in Mississauga - Peterborough Petes
- 67's Break out for Five Goals, Fall 6-5 to North Bay - Ottawa 67's
- BULLDOGS HOLD ON FOR 4-3 WIN IN ERIE - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dogs Complete 5-Goal Comeback to Win 6-5 over Sting in Pink in the Rink Game - Niagara IceDogs
- Firebirds Host Kitchener Saturday, Windsor Sunday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Offence Connects as Team Cherry Triumphs 7-4 in Guelph - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.