Bulldogs Drop New Years Eve Game to Niagara
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. The Hamilton Bulldogs finish 2017 in 1st place in the East Division and 1st overall in the Eastern Conference despite a 7-3 New Year's Eve loss to the Niagara IceDogs.
The Bulldogs dominated the early stages of the 1st period and peppered the Niagara net, but it was the IceDogs who scored first to take a 1-0 lead only to see Will Bitten (12) tie the game 27-seconds later to make it 1-1 after the opening period.
It was the IceDogs turn to dominate a period and they did that in the 2nd and it resulted in two goals including one short-handed in the final minute as Niagara went into the 3rd with a 3-1 lead.
The Bulldogs still had thoughts of a comeback after a Nicholas Caamano (17) goal 47-seconds into the 3rd period to cut the lead to 3-2, but the IceDogs scored four of the last five goals to complete the 7-3 win. Hamilton's third goal was scored by Matthew Strome (21), bust was too little too late.
The Bulldogs are back in action the first home game of 2018 at First Ontario Centre on Wednesday January 3rd against the Peterborough Petes.
For tickets go to http://bit.ly/2BzCZPC.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2018
- OHL Top Performers of the Month for December - OHL
- IceDogs' Ben Jones named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- Bulldogs Drop New Years Eve Game to Niagara - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Bulldogs Stories
- Bulldogs Take Game 1 of Eastern Conference Championship Series with 6-2 Win over Kingston
- Bulldogs Advance to the OHL's Eastern Conference Final
- Bulldogs Take 3-1 Series Lead in Niagara
- Bulldogs Take 2-0 Series Lead over IceDogs with 3-2 OT Win
- Bulldogs Open Round 2 with 5-4 Overtime Win over Niagara in Game 1