Bulldogs Drop Game 1 of the Playoffs in Ottawa
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. The Bulldogs were the better team for the first half of the game Friday night in Ottawa, but in the end the explosive 67's caught fire and went on to take the opening game of the 1st round playoff series 9-3.
With 12 players making their OHL playoff debuts, the Bulldogs came out and executed their game plan like they wanted, finished their checks and had Ottawa off balance with Hamilton leading 2-1 by the 8:25 mark of the 2nd period on goals from Eric Henderson (1) and Matthew Strome (1), erasing an early 67's lead of 1-0.It was a wake-up call for Ottawa who outscored the Bulldogs the rest of the way 8-1, including four on the power-play. Hamilton's lone goal in the second half of the game came from Kade Landry (1) on a 3rd period power-play.
1) Sasha Chmelevski (OTT) 2) Lucas Chiodo (OTT) 3) Kody Clark (OTT)
The Bulldogs will have a shot at redemption Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. when they return to TD Place for Game 2 before the series shifts to Hamilton for Games 3 and 4 Tuesday March 26th and Wednesday March 27th at FirstOntario Centre.
For more information on Hamilton Bulldogs playoff tickets go to www.hamiltonbulldogs.com or call 905-529-8500.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Troops Down 'Dogs 5-2 - North Bay Battalion
- Steelheads Fall in Game Two Overtime 3-2 - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting Fall in 0-2 Hole - Sarnia Sting
- Spirit Score Three Power Play Goals in 5-1 Win over Sting - Saginaw Spirit
- IceDogs Fall 5-2 to Battalion in Game Two - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack Can't Complete Comeback, Soo Tie Series 1-1 - Owen Sound Attack
- Playoff Game 2 Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Kitchener Rangers - Guelph Storm
- Game Two Preview: Spirit Leaders Sort out Rocky Start to Game One, Look to Take 2-0 Series Lead - Saginaw Spirit
- Knights Take Game One over Spitfires - London Knights
- Bulldogs Drop Game 1 of the Playoffs in Ottawa - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Generals Put Seven Past Petes in Game One - Peterborough Petes
- Steelheads Fall to Wolves in Game One - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Bulldogs Stories
- Edmonds Shutout Leads Steelheads To Victory Over Hamilton
- Jenik Earns A Share Of History, Renwick Scores Winner As Dogs Win 6-4
- Costantini's 46 Saves Not Enough as Colts Edge Bulldogs in OT
- Jenik Scores 20th But Hunter Jones Secures Two Points For Petes
- Hamilton Police & Hamilton Bulldogs Launch Festive Ride Program