Buffalo Ends Losing Streak Beating Clippers
The Bisons returned to the win column beating the Clippers 7-5 Monday night at Huntington Park
Chris Rowley put together a tremendous outing to end Buffalo's six-game skid. Through six innings, the West Point graduate allowed only four hits and a walk. He also struck out five Columbus hitters in the game. With the win Rowley's record improved to 2-2.
The Clippers rallied to score four times in the bottom of the ninth. Nellie Rodrî - guez blasted a homer to center for a three-run shot, his second home run of the game. Columbus would bring the tying run to the plate but were stopped short as Chris Smith came on to close it out and earn his fifth save of the season.
After four innings of scoreless baseball, the Bisons were able to get on the board first. Andrew Guillotte worked a walk to lead off the fifth. Roemon Fields then reached on a bunt single to put two on for the Herd. Jon Berti stepped to the plate and delivered the first run of the game with a single to center. On the ensuing at-bat Jason Leblebijian ripped a double that hugged the left field line a scored two to give Buffalo a 3-0 lead.
With two outs and Jon Berti on second, Raffy Lopez extended Buffalo's lead launching a two-run homer over the wall in right. The home run was his 10th of the year to make it 5-0 Bisons in the seventh.
The Bisons scored a pair of runs in the ninth with a sacrifice fly off the bat of Gergorio Petit and Ian Parmley beat out a double play to tally another and give the Bisons a 7-1 lead.
The Herd will look to stay in the win column with the second game of the series Tuesday night. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
Bisons Notes: Jason Leblebijian was 2-5 with a run scored and two RBI... Raffy Lopez was 2-4 with a walk, run scored and two RBI... Gergorio Petit was 2-4 with a RBI... Jon Berti and Roemon Fields also recorded base hits
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 18, 2017
- Wings Beat Knights - Rochester Red Wings
- Pigs Rally in Ninth, Defeat G-Braves - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Gwinnett falls to Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Solo Shots Send Tribe to Victory in Durham - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Fall Short in Slugfest - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Ends Losing Streak Beating Clippers - Buffalo Bisons
- Eight-Run First Not Enough in Loss to Red Sox - Toledo Mud Hens
- Chiefs Outlast Bats in Wild Slugfest, 11-8 - Syracuse Chiefs
- PawSox Complete Eight-Run Comeback - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Open Homestand with Sweep - Rochester Red Wings
- Solo Homers Sink Bulls in 5-2 Loss - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.