Bucs Acquire Gamblers Leading Scorer Perbix & Pick for Forward Meyer
DES MOINES, IA - Des Moines has acquired forward Jackson Perbix (2000) and a 2019 Phase II 7th Round Draft Pick from Green Bay, in exchange for forward Brady Meyer (2000) and future considerations to the Gamblers.
"We would like to thank Brady Meyer for his service to the Buccaneers Organization," GM Tom Mannino said. "He is an excellent young man with a bright future. We wish him the best of luck in Green Bay and beyond."
Perbix, a former 1st Round Pick, 15th overall, of Green Bay in the 2016 USHL Phase I Draft was selected in the 4th Round of the 2018 NHL Draft by the Anaheim Ducks. At the time of the trade, Perbix led the Gamblers in scoring with nine goals and 28 assists for 37 points in 43 games played this season. This would place him behind only Matt Brown on Des Moines' roster.
"We are excited to welcome Jackson to the Buccaneers' family," Mannino said. "He's smart, skilled, and a proven impact player. He has a history of producing at every level and we are thrilled to add a player of his caliber to our lineup."
Perbix is committed to play college hockey in his home state for the University of Minnesota. He led all Elk River High School players in scoring last season, tallying 19 goals and 42 assists for 61 points in 25 games. He also led Team Northwest of the heralded Minnesota Elite league with 28 points in 17 games.
Perbix will wear #7 for the Buccaneers and will don the red, white and blue this weekend as the Bucs take on Youngstown both Friday and Saturday at Buccaneer Arena.
The Des Moines Buccaneers are a member of the United States Hockey League, the only Tier 1 Junior Hockey League in the United States. The Bucs have played in the USHL since 1980, winning four Clark Cups as playoff champions and four Anderson Cups as the team with the best regular season record.
2018-19 tickets are on sale now. Reserve today! Call 515-278-BUCS to ask about advertising sponsorship, our Skybox Suite and ticket hospitality opportunities at Buccaneer Arena.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2019
- DiCesare Commits to Notre Dame - Omaha Lancers
- Bucs Acquire Gamblers Leading Scorer Perbix & Pick for Forward Meyer - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Gamblers Send Perbix to Des Moines - Green Bay Gamblers
- Sioux City Drops Close One Tuesday Night - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Des Moines Buccaneers Stories
- Goaltender Durham Commits to Brown University
- Gopher Commit & MN State Champion Forward Nevers Joins Bucs
- Bucs Acquire Gamblers Leading Scorer Perbix & Pick for Forward Meyer
- Two Bucs and One Affiliate Named to NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings
- Des Moines Adds Forward Fafrak and Defenseman Starikov