Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again
BOSSIER CITY, LA- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League fell to the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs 2-0 Friday night at the CenturyTel Center. The loss snaps the Bucks two-game winning streak as they fall to 20-29-7 (47 points).
Ryan Munce stopped all 25 shots he faced as he picked up his first win for the Mudbugs as Bossier snapped their three-game winless streak.
It was the Bucks second straight shutout loss to the Mudbugs as they fell 5-0 on to Bossier on February 12th.
With the game scoreless in the third period the Mudbugs scored twice in a span of three minutes to take a 2-0 lead.
Jamie Milam put Bossier up 1-0 at the 9:13 mark of the third when he scored from the point on the power-play to net his 13th of the season.
The Mudbugs would go up 2-0 with 7:31 left in the third when Justin Aikens scored from the right side of the crease to pick up his 13th of the season.
Laredo outshot Bossier 12-7 in the third but was outshot in the game 35-25.
Torrie Jung suffered the hard-luck loss for the Bucks as he set aside 33 of 35 Mudbugs attempts.
The game was scoreless after the first period as neither team was able to light the lamp.
The Mudbugs (29-23-2) outshot the Bucks 12-9 in the first period.
The second period proved to be the same as the first as the neither team scored and the game was deadlocked at 0-0 after 40 minutes of play.
The Bucks penalty kill was busy as they killed off a pair of Mudbugs power-play's in the second period.
The Mudbugs outshot the Bucks 16-4 in the second period.
The Bucks will travel to Texas on Saturday night. Game time is 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Yellow Horn's Streak Hits 14 In Allen's Loss At Texas - Allen Americans
- Killer Bees Can't Catch Eagles, Fall 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Beech, Robinson Help Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Texas takes down Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Munce, Mudbugs Shut Bucks Out Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lutes scores winning goal in overtime for Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Dominates Fort Wayne 6-2 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Nolan and Jardine's heroics lift Mavs to second straight postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Outlast Tulsa on Thinel's Six-Point Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavericks Blank Mallards 1-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Blanked by Bugs Again - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Sundogs Awarded 2012 CHL All-Star Game - CHL
- Sundogs Awarded 2012 Central Hockey League All-Star Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- McLean Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Partner with Hernando Parks and Recreation - Mississippi RiverKings
- "Pack the House Night" benefit scheduled for March 26 to help teen cancer patient - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.