Bruins Host Wilderness this Weekend to Begin Playoff
AUSTIN, MN - The Austin Bruins begin their Robertson Cup Playoff run this weekend, as they host games one and two of the best-of-five Central Division Semifinals against the Minnesota Wilderness (Cloquet, MN). Game time is 7:05 PM on Friday and Saturday night at Riverside Arena.
The first 500 fans through the door on Friday for game one will receive a playoff rally towel, courtesy of Mayo Clinic and Games People Play. Doors open at 6:00 for both games.
The Wilderness took the season series from the Bruins, winning five of the eight games, including the last four in a row. The two teams haven't played since December 30th, however.
Games three and four of the series will take place at Northwoods Credit Union Arena in Cloquet on April 20th and 21st, with the decisive game five scheduled for Monday, April 23rd at Riverside, if necessary.The winner of the series will face either #1 Aberdeen or #4 Minot in the Central Division Finals, beginning April 27th
The Bruins edged out the Wilderness by two points for the #2 seed in the Divisional Playoffs and first round home ice advantage, by sweeping Bismarck at home to finish the regular season. They go into the playoffs winners of four in a row and five of six.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2018
- IceRays Hire New General Manager - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bruins Host Wilderness this Weekend to Begin Playoff - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Bruins Knock off Wilderness in Four, Advance to Central Division Finals
- Rochester Grizzlies Select Six in NA3HL Draft
- Bruins Take to Road Looking for Series Sweep of Wilderness
- Bruins Take 2-0 Series Lead, One Win Away from Round Two
- Bruins Hold off Wilderness to Take Game One