Bruins Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss this Friday
The Austin Bruins will host their annual Teddy Bear Toss - sponsored by Power96 Radio, this Friday night at Riverside Arena at 7:05 PM against the Minnesota Wilderness in the final home game before the holiday break.
Fans are asked to bring new or used stuffed animals to be thrown onto the ice following the Bruins' first goal of the game. A limited amount will be available courtesy of Wal-Mart for $1. All proceeds will benefit the Salvation Army of Austin. In addition, an "Angel Tree" is on display in the lobby with wish tags from less fortunate children. Fans who fulfill a wish at the Bruins business office by December 20th receive a free bag of chuck-a-pucks. Teddy Bear Toss sponsor - Power96 will be broadcasting live from the Riverside Arena lobby and raffling off two Mall of America family prize packs.
The Bruins (14-7-1-3) defeated Brookings on Saturday night at home, 5-2 - their fourth consecutive home win. They are now 7-2-2 at Riverside Arena and sit atop the Central Division with 32 points, two more than second place Aberdeen. After Friday's game, they'll travel to Cloquet to take on the Wilderness again before the NAHL takes a week off for the holidays. The Bruins then continue their series with the Wilderness at home on Friday, December 29th to kick off the final weekend of the first half.
-- Michael Keeley
Austin Bruins (NAHL)
Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2017
- Bruins Host Annual Teddy Bear Toss this Friday - Austin Bruins
- Amarillo Bulls Make Trade with Coulee Region Chill - Amarillo Bulls
- NAHL Announces Monthly Player Awards for November - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Red Hot Bruins Faceoff with Brookings - Austin Bruins
- Nedeljkovic Captures Star of the Week Honors - Johnstown Tomahawks
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week Presented by Bauer Hockey - New Jersey Junior Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Bruins Set for Big Rebound Weekend at Riverside
- Bruins Drop Both Games on Weekend in Two Hard-Fought Battles
- Bruins Goaltender McClellan Earns NAHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month Award
- Third Period Push Powers Bruins Past Wilderness
- Successful Weekend Nets Bruins Three of a Possible Four Points