Bruins Finish the Showcase Flawlessly, Beat Chippewa 3-1
BLAINE, MN - After a strong performance to start the season in Blaine, the Austin Bruins close out the NAHL Showcase flawlessly after taking down the Chippewa Steel, 3-1.
It was a battle of undefeated teams going into the final day of the 19th annual NAHL Showcase in Blaine, MN as the Austin Bruins and Chippewa Steel met on Saturday night. It would be a tight and fast pace first period, and the Bruins Steel would finish the first twenty minutes in a scoreless tie. The second period would be another story, however, as the Bruins would come out hot. Dylan Cook would get his 2nd of the season 4:04 into the period as he would blast a shot past Steel net-minder Carter Wishart. Two minutes late, Josh Giuliani would get his first career NAHL on a short side angle to give Austin a then 2-0 lead. Ethan Robertson for the Bruins would hold the Steel scoreless through forty minutes of action.
Robertson would continue his strong performance until 8:08 into the third period when Matt Birlle would get his 2nd goal of the season and snap the scoreless streak for the Bruins. Robertson would bail out the Bruins multiple times to keep the lead for the Bruins as it went down to the last two minutes of the game when Austin Salani would bury an empty-netter and secure the 3-1 win for Austin.
Up next, the Bruins (4-0-0-0, 8pts) begin Central Division action against the St. Cloud Norsemen (2-1-0-1, 5pts) Friday night in St. Cloud and then return to Riverside Arena on Saturday for their Home Opener. Face-off for all games next weekend is slated for 7:05 PM CST.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2022
- Bruins Finish the Showcase Flawlessly, Beat Chippewa 3-1 - Austin Bruins
- St. Cloud Ends the NAHL Showcase With a 2-0 Victory Over Wisconsin - St. Cloud Norsemen
- NAHL Showcase Day 4 - Minot Minotauros
- Rebels Wrap up Showcase with Win over Mudbugs - Philadelphia Rebels
- Tomahawks Fall 3-2 at Final Showcase Game - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Blanked by Jr. Blues 4-0 - New Jersey Titans
- Third Period Rally against El Paso Falls Short - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- St. Cloud Gets Revenge on Anchorage 3-2 in Overtime - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Morning Rage Report - Anchorage Wolverines
- Jacks Shutout by North Iowa, 4-0 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Minotauros Dropped by Amarillo - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Gavin Morrissey Announces Commitment to Minnesota State
- Jack Malinski Earns Bauer Defensemen of the Month Honors
- Gavin Morrissey Named Bauer NAHL Central Star of the Week
- Wild 3rd Period Highlights Bruins Comeback, Beat North Iowa 5-4
- Bruins' Comeback Comes up Short, Fall 3-2 to North Iowa