Bruins Announce Partnership with Power 96 Sport
AUSTIN, Minn. - In an NAHL season that will prove to be the most unique one yet, the Austin Bruins are proud to announce a partnership with Power 96 (KQPR) which will bring more games to more people across southern Minnesota.
"For us, it's a really exciting venture", said Bruins Director of Broadcasting TJ Chillot. "Over the last few years, what our ownership group has done to grow our presence in southern Minnesota with the addition of the Rochester Grizzlies in the NA3HL and the Southern Minnesota Bears U16 and U18 NAPHL teams. We felt we could benefit all of those teams, as well as the Bruins."
As part of the new partnership Power 96, will air all 60 of the Austin Bruins games this season including both home and away games. In addition, Power 96 Sports Director Ron Budrik will join Chillot in the booth for all Bruins home games.
"Ron and I did a few games together last season, and I really enjoyed working with him and his insight which I feel is quite complimentary to mine in the booth. I'm excited to have him on board in a bigger capacity and to know that he'll be managing the partnership between the Bruins and Power 96 so I'll be assured we get the best coverage and can bring our fans a clean, professional, and entertaining broadcast."
Fans of the Austin Bruins will now have three forms of media to enjoy Austin Bruins hockey including HockeyTV, which recently struck a deal to continue as the official web streaming service of the NAHL, 96.1 KQPR FM, and audio streaming worldwide on www.kqprfm.com.
Up next for the Austin Bruins, they get set for the start of the NAHL regular-season slated for October 9, 2020. An official schedule has yet to be released as there are numerous final details that need to be ironed out amongst teams in this season clouded by COVID-19, but a full-length season is still the plan for all of the North American Hockey League teams.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 8, 2020
- Chippewa Steel Hockey 2021-21 Season Update - Chippewa Steel
- Logan Kons Commits to Augsburg University - Maryland Black Bears
- Bruins Announce Partnership with Power 96 Sport - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Sunday Night Shootout Goes to Wilderness, 4-3
- Muzzatti and Simmons-Fischer Loaned to US National Team Development Program
- Bruins Release Reworked 2020-21 Schedule; Announce Fan Attendance Limits
- Bruins Release 2021 Home Schedule Following Changes
- Changes Made to Late December and Early January Games