Broncos Sign Goaltender Joey Rocha to Standard Player Agreement
Swift Current, Sask. - The Swift Current Broncos announced today that they have signed 2005-born goaltender Joey Rocha to a WHL Standard Player Agreement. Rocha was drafted in the fifth round, 109th overall in the 2020 WHL Draft.
Rocha, from Nanaimo, B.C., was drafted after spending the 2019-20 season with the North Island Silvertips U15 AAA program where he posted an 8-7-0 record with a 3.35 goals-against average.
"With Joey, there's a lot of potential there," Broncos Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Dean Brockman said following the 2020 Draft. "He's a big guy who's pretty calm and poised in net. We feel the upside for him is tremendous."
The 6'2'' Rocha was able to get into action in two exhibition games with the North Island Silvertips U18 team earlier this season, winning both games while giving up just three goals.
The Broncos would like to welcome the Rocha family to the organization.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2021
- Gianni Fairbrother and Cole Fonstad Named Co-Captains of the Silvertips for 2020-21 Season - Everett Silvertips
- Canadian Hockey League Selects Verizon Media Platform as Streaming Partner - WHL
- Chiefs Sign Goalie Manny Panghli to WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Rebels Settling into Centrium Suites and Preparing for Start of Unique 2021 Season - Red Deer Rebels
- Broncos Sign Goaltender Joey Rocha to Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- Troy Gillard Named Interim Broadcaster for 2021 Season - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.