Brittney Griner Records 11th Career Dunk; One Lucky Fan to Win $7,000
PHOENIX - Five-time WNBA All-Star and 2014 WNBA Champion Brittney Griner tonight recorded a dunk in the Mercury's game against the Los Angeles Sparks. It was the 11th dunk of Griner's career, as she now accounts for 11 of the WNBA's 14 all-time regular-season dunks.
The dunk came with 4:26 remaining in the third quarter. To download and view the dunk, you can do so.
As part of the BG Dunks promotion for the 2019 season, one lucky fan will now win $7,000 following Griner's dunk this evening. The lucky fan will be randomly selected and notified next week. Fans are still able to register to win by visiting phoenixmercury.com/BGDunks. Fans who register will be eligible to win $7,000 for every dunk Griner records in a home game this season.
After coming within one win of trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix continues its title quest on June 20 in Dallas. Tickets for the Mercury's next home game on Sunday, June 23 against the Los Angeles Sparks, and the remaining 14 home games, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 14, 2019
- Brittney Griner Records 11th Career Dunk; One Lucky Fan to Win $7,000 - Phoenix Mercury
- Las Vegas Aces Host New York Friday at 7:30 PM PT - Las Vegas Aces
- Thornton Drops Career-High in Loss to Fever - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Mercury's Breland Medically Excused from 2020 Season
- Phoenix Mercury Add Chasity Melvin as Assistant Coach
- Statement from the Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury
- Phoenix Mercury Narrow 2020 Roster to 11 Players
- Mercury Welcomes Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Two Draft Picks to Phoenix on Draft Night