Bria Hartley Begins Therapy on Knee
PHOENIX - Mercury guard Bria Hartley underwent successful knee surgery last Friday, Sept. 18, in Minneapolis. Hartley's injury, sustained on Aug. 28 in the Mercury's game against Washington, required a right ACL reconstruction.
Hartley's post-op therapy has already begun and the Mercury look forward to a full recovery for the 2021 season.
At the time of her injury, Hartley was the leading candidate for both WNBA Most Improved Player and Sixth Woman of the Year. In her first year with the club (seventh in the WNBA) after signing as an unrestricted free agent, Hartley was averaging a career-high 14.6 points, nearly five points higher than her previous best (9.8, 2019), a career-high 4.5 assists, a career-high 1.2 steals, and shooting career highs from the field (42.0), three-point range (38.5) and free-throw line (80.5). Hartley joined the Mercury with two career 20-point efforts in 175 regular season games and none in the last five seasons, and then dropped 20 or more four times in 13 games with Phoenix this season.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 22, 2020
- Aces Even Semifinals Series Behind 29 Points from MVP A'ja Wilson - Las Vegas Aces
- Bria Hartley Begins Therapy on Knee - Phoenix Mercury
- Game 1 of Seattle Storm-Minnesota Lynx Semifinals Rescheduled - Minnesota Lynx
- Game 1 of Seattle Storm- Minnesota Lynx Semifinals Rescheduled - WNBA
- New York Liberty Star Kia Nurse Joins TSN as Basketball Analyst - New York Liberty
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Diana Taurasi, Skylar Diggins-Smith Named to All-WNBA Second Team
- Bria Hartley Begins Therapy on Knee
- Survive and Advance: Mercury Moves on to Round 2 with Win over Washington, Will Face Minnesota
- Win Or Leave the Bubble: Mercury, Mystics in Round 1 of Playoffs
- Mercury Clinch Fifth Seed in 2020 WNBA Playoffs