Breakfast With Buster includes holiday food and toy drive plus All-Star Caravan
LAKEWOOD, NJ - The BlueClaws will host the 13th annual Breakfast With Buster Holiday Food and Toy Drive at FirstEnergy Park on Saturday, December 15th from 9 am - 3 pm. This year, the event will also help launch the countdown to the 2013 South Atlantic League All-Star Game, which is coming to the Jersey Shore in June.
Fans can come to the park to meet Buster and his holiday friend Santa Claus. Those in attendance are asked to donate unwrapped toys and non-perishable food for the Salvation Army of Ocean County.
Food will be provided as well, with bagels and coffee in the morning served by Manhattan Bagel of Brick and lunch served by TGI Friday's of Brick. During the afternoon, fans can watch college basketball games in the Upstairs Club and there will be beer specials courtesy of Shore Point Distributing Company.
Further, the BlueClaws will have 'Restore the Shore' shirts available as a fundraiser for those impacted by Hurricane Sandy. For more information on BlueClaws fundraising efforts, please visit BlueClaws.com/Restore.
In addition, the event will serve as an All-Star Game Kick-Off Caravan with additional fun and games for fans.
"This our 13th annual 'Breakfast With Buster' event and it's going to be our largest yet," said BlueClaws General Manager Geoff Brown. "It's a great day dedicated to a great cause and we're excited to be able to kick-off our All-Star Game countdown as well."
The 2013 South Atlantic League All-Star Game, presented by Kimball and Community Medical Centers, OceanFirst Bank, and ShorePoint Distributing Company, is coming to FirstEnergy Park in June.
BlueClaws ticket representatives will be on hand and fans can lock in their 2013 BlueClaws ticket package. Any package ordered by December 31st enables fans to reserve tickets to the All-Star Game at their package rate (and save upwards of 40% off the individual game price). Orders by December 31st also include free tickets to the Celebrity Hitting Challenge, which will be held on June 17th, the night before the All-Star Game.
For more on the All-Star Game and Celebrity Hitting Challenge, please visit BlueClaws.com/AllStar.
A previous caravan had been scheduled for November 8th and 9th but was postponed in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Breakfast With Buster includes holiday food and toy drive plus All-Star Caravan - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Crawdads Invite Fireman Ed to be Hickory's Superfan - Hickory Crawdads
- Greenville Drive Honored with 2012 Bob Freitas Award - Greenville Drive
- Shorebirds to Host Cookies with Claus on December 8 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Offer Telephone Tuesday Ticket Special - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakewood BlueClaws Stories
- BlueClaws to Debut Biergarten at FirstEnergy Park
- Mini Golf, Boardwalk Games Lead Ballpark Improvement and Fan Enhancement Highlights in 2018
- BlueClaws Theme Tickets on Sale March 5th
- BlueClaws Host Annual Job Fair on February
- Malloy Returns to Manage BlueClaws in 2018