Braves and BlueClaws Rained Out on Sunday
LAKEWOOD, NJ - Heavy rain forced a postponement of the Sunday afternoon matchup between the Rome Braves and Lakewood BlueClaws, bringing about Rome's first doubleheader of the 2019 season.
The two teams will now play a pair of 7 inning games on Monday beginning at 4:35 pm from FirstEnergy Park. Game 2 will begin approximately 30 minutes following the conclusion of Game 1.
Rome will start RHP Trey Riley (0-4, 6.35) in Game 1 while Lakewood will send LHP Manuel Silva (0-0, 0.00) to the mound. In Game 2 the Braves will start RHP Odalvi Javier (0-1, 5.59). Lakewood has not announced their second starting pitcher for the doubleheader.
Monday's doubleheader against Lakewood will mark the end of Rome's long road trip. They're currently riding a three game winning streak.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 5, 2019
- 'Birds Stun Asheville with Five-Run Rally - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Charleston Holds off Greenville, 4-3, on Sunday - Greenville Drive
- RiverDogs Overcome Shaky Start to Take Down Drive - Charleston RiverDogs
- Asheville Lets One Slip Through Their Grasp - Asheville Tourists
- Nevarez Goes Yard in 8-2 Loss - West Virginia Power
- Giarratano Gives GreenJackets Walk-Off Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Holderman Picks up Win in Return to Mound - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Walked-Off on for Third Time in 2019 - Hagerstown Suns
- Braves and BlueClaws Rained Out on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (May 5) - West Virginia Power
- Five-Run Third Too Much for Power in 6-3 Loss - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.