Brandon Ashley Invited to 2018 NBA G League Elite Mini Camp
FRISCO, TX, - The NBA G League announced the list of 39 participants who will take part in the 2018 G League Elite Mini Camp which included Texas Legends forward Brandon Ashley.
Ashley (6-9, 230, Arizona) played 45 games (42 starts) with Texas this season averaging 16.2 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks. The Oakland native joined the Legends out of Mavericks training camp after seeing action in four preseason games with Dallas, averaging 4.0 points, 3.3 rebounds in 16.9 minutes. For the third year in a row, Ashley appeared in NBA Summer League, playing with Dallas in both Las Vegas and Orlando.
As a rookie, the Wildcats' standout was allocated to the Legends as an affiliate player out of Dallas training camp. He played 33 games with the Legends in the 2015-16 season, averaging 14.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 1.4 blocks and earning NBA D-League (now G League) All-Star honors before going overseas to play for ALBA Berlin.
The mini camp is a two-day scouting event taking place in Chicago May 14-15. The camp allows top prospects from the G League another opportunity to perform in front of NBA teams in advance of the 2018 Summer League and training camps. Ashley will be making his first appearance at the Elite Mini Camp.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from May 7, 2018
- Three Herd Players Invited to NBA G League Elite Mini Camp - Wisconsin Herd
- Brandon Ashley Invited to 2018 NBA G League Elite Mini Camp - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Leslie, Meeks
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Christmas, Henton, and Wood
- Smith Thompson Home Security's "Love Those Legends" Fan Tour Returns November 3rd
- Legends Host Annual Live Draft Party at Strikz
- Legends Named Frisco's Best of Business: Giving Back to the Community