Brahmas Edge Bugs in Playoff Opener
The Shreveport Mudbugs (0-1) gave up a PP goal early in the game and couldn't crack the net on their own as they fell short by the slimmest of margins, 1-0 to the top seeded Lone Star Brahmas in Game 1 of the opening round of the Robertson Cup playoffs.
Lone Star got on the board on the PP at 6:53 of the opening period when Logan Tobias poked home a rebound in front to make it a 1-0 contest. The Bugs had a rough start to the series and couldn't record a shot on net until after the midway point of the period. LS led in SOG, 8-3 after one.
Shreveport came out with a blazing 2nd period and put more pressure on Lone Star's goalie Arthur Smith. The Bugs had some grade-A scoring chances, but couldn't beat Smith. Shreveport closed in on the SOG totals as the Brahmas led 13-11 after two. Lone Star led 1-0 on the scoreboard after two.
The Mudbugs peppered Smith in net in the third, but just couldn't break through as the Brahmas held on for a 1-0 victory in game 1.
Devon Bobak made 27 saves in a tough luck loss in his NAHL-playoff debut.
The Bugs and Brahmas will play game 2 of their best-of-five opening round playoff series tomorrow night. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. from Nytex Sports Centre.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2022
- Bruins Battle Tough But Fall 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Tomahawks Win Game Two Saturday Night over Rebels - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Drop Game One of East Division Semi-Finals to Generals 4 - 1 - New Jersey Titans
- Brahmas Edge Bugs in Playoff Opener - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Four-Goal Third Lifts Wings over Bruins - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.