Bradenton Blow out Jupiter
Bradenton, FL - The Marauders (10-8) blitzed the Jupiter Hammerheads (9-9) in the first inning and rolled to an 11-2 win over the Jupiter Hammerheads on Sunday afternoon at LECOM Park. The first six Bradenton batters hit safely against Scott Squier (L, 0-3) in a four-run first. RHP Pedro Vasquez (W, 1-1) had his finest start for Bradenton. Vasquez scattered five hits over six scoreless innings to earn his first win. CF Casey Hughston and RF Trace Tam Sing each launched home runs in the third inning as Bradenton opened up an 8-0 lead. RHP Seth McGarry closed out the game with his sixth consecutive scoreless appearance to open the season. UP NEXT: The Marauders are off on Monday... WIN: Pedro Vasquez (1-1) LOSS: Scott Squier (0-3) SAVE: HR: Casey Hughston (BRD, 1); Trace Tam Sing (BRD, 1); Brian Schales (JUP, 1) ATTENDANCE: 973 TIME OF GAME: 2:37 NOTES: The game began at 1:02 p.m. under cloudy skies, 84 degrees, wind blowing 8 mph in from R to L...Bradenton enters the off day in sole possession of first place by 1/2 game...Jess Amedee struck out four batters in the seventh inning.
TOP PERFORMERS BRD: Logan Hill...3-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI JUP: Brad Haynal...2-for-5, 2 2B
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from April 23, 2017
- Daytona's Long Hits Walkoff Homer to Beat Mets 7-6 - St. Lucie Mets
- Homers Power Blue Jays Past Miracle - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Five-Run 8th Sinks Fire Frogs in Series Finale - Clearwater Threshers
- Five Jays' Home Runs Keep Miracle from Sweep - Fort Myers Miracle
- Bradenton Blow out Jupiter - Bradenton Marauders
- Timely Tortuga Hitting Takes Down Mets - Daytona Tortugas
- Clearwater Suffers Heart-Breaker, 4-3 in 11 - Clearwater Threshers
- - Miracle Capture Fourth Straight Victory - Fort Myers Miracle
- Home Runs Push Tortugas Past Mets, 4-1 - St. Lucie Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.