Brackman to Return From DL for Dash
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - The Chicago White Sox announced Wednesday that right-handed pitcher Andrew Brackman has been activated from the Winston-Salem Dash's disabled list and will join the team in Salem.
The former first-round pick made it to the major leagues in September of 2011, appearing in three games for the New York Yankees late that season. In those three outings, the righty did not surrender a run in two and one-third innings of work.
Following a release by New York after the 2011 season, Brackman signed with the Cincinnati Reds, where he spent time last season with High-A Bakersfield and Triple-A Louisville. The White Sox signed the right-hander during the offseason, and he has spent the entire season on the disabled list.
The former first round pick was the 30th overall pick by the Yankees in the 2007 draft after pitching at North Carolina State University for three seasons. With the Wolfpack, the Cincinnati, Ohio, native compiled an 11-7 record and a 3.81 ERA. The program reached the NCAA Tournament in all three of Brackman's seasons.
In his minor league career, Brackman is 17-35 with a 5.35 ERA in 123 appearances, 66 of which were starts. He has 38 games worth of Triple-A experience.
To make room for Brackman's activation from the disabled list, the White Sox announced that righty J.R. Ballinger was promoted to Double-A Birmingham. In 11 appearances with Winston-Salem this season, Ballinger owned a 2.92 ERA. This will be his second stint with the Barons this season.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 5, 2013
- Ray Blanks Pelicans as Nationals Roll to Eighth Straight Win - Potomac Nationals
- Cid Walks, Keys Walk off Winners - Frederick Keys
- Salem Shuts Down Winston 8-0 - Salem Red Sox
- Pelicans Blanked by P-Nats, Remain in First Place - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Red Sox Blank Winston-Salem 8-0 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats Suffer Second-Straight Walk-Off Loss - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Blue Rocks Hold off Mudcats - Carolina Mudcats
- Nationals vs. Pelicans - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Potomac Nationals
- Dash vs. Red Sox - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Brackman to Return From DL for Dash - Winston-Salem Dash
- Salem Sox vs. Dash - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Salem Red Sox
- Hillcats vs. Keys - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Farrell Wins Topps Player of the Month Honor - Winston-Salem Dash
- P-Nats Announce Food, Fireworks and Fun at the Pfitz July 4th - 6th - Potomac Nationals
- Father returns from year-long deployment to surprise daughter before Pelicans game - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.