BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership
January 15, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer (MLS) and BODYARMOR Sports Drink today hosted an event at LAFC's Banc of California Stadium to kick off their multi-year partnership with NBA legend and BODYARMOR investor KOBE BRYANT, MLS Senior Vice President of Partnership Marketing JEN CRAMER, BODYARMOR President BRENT HASTIE, and several MLS players including CJ SAPONG of Chicago Fire FC, LUCAS ZELARAYAN of Columbus Crew SC, OLA KAMARA of D.C. United, YUYA KUBO of FC Cincinnati, MATIAS PELLEGRINI of Inter Miami CF, NANI of Orlando City SC, ALEJANDRO BEDOYA of the Philadelphia Union and NICO LODEIRO of Seattle Sounders SC.
BODYARMOR announced exclusive team partnerships with 19 different MLS clubs: Austin FC (who begin MLS play in 2021), Chicago Fire FC, Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew SC, D.C. United, FC Cincinnati, Houston Dynamo, Inter Miami FC, Los Angeles FC, Minnesota United FC, Nashville SC, New York Red Bulls, New York City FC, Orlando City SC, Philadelphia Union, Portland Timbers, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders and Sporting Kansas City.
Kobe Bryant and the MLS players unveiled a customized, 4-foot-tall replica bottle that BODYARMOR created exclusively to commemorate the league's 25th season and celebrate MLS' rich history, while expanding on the foundation it has built over an extensive period of explosive growth.
MLS and BODYARMOR announced their new youth soccer initiative which commences during the league's landmark 25th season.
Joining forces with MLS to support youth soccer programs across the United States and help develop the next generation of top soccer talent, BODYARMOR will work with MLS club youth programs to fully support coaches and team managers with sideline equipment and essential hydration needs.
In celebration of the new program, MLS and BODYARMOR hosted 15 youth soccer players from Los Angeles Football Club's U-12 Youth Academy Team for a youth skills challenge on-field at the stadium.
BODYARMOR was announced in September 2019 as the "Official Sports Drink" of Major League Soccer in the U.S. starting in January 2020. It is the largest multi-year partnership in BODYARMOR history.
As part of the agreement, BODYARMOR will hydrate MLS players on sidelines at matches and practices, in locker rooms and in training facilities with its BODYARMOR Sports Drink. BODYARMOR's logo and branding will be featured on coolers, cups, squirt bottles and towels on MLS sidelines within the territory starting in 2020. BODYARMOR and MLS will also collaborate on exclusive custom content and key media integrations featuring top MLS players and BODYARMOR athlete partners.
BODYARMOR's partnerships with MLS come at a pivotal time for the brand, as BODYARMOR's growth continues to accelerate and challenge the market leaders. Now the No. 2 sports drink sold in convenience stores nationwide, BODYARMOR has incredible momentum at retail nationwide and just recently eclipsed $700 million in retail sales in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.