BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati
CINCINNATI / WHITESTONE, N.Y. - BODYARMOR Sports Drink today announced a multi-year partnership with FC Cincinnati, establishing the brand as the club's "Official Sports Drink" starting this upcoming 2020 Major League Soccer season. BODYARMOR originally announced a partnership with Major League Soccer in September 2019 to become the league's Official Sports Drink partner in the U.S., commencing in 2020.
As part of the agreement, BODYARMOR Sports Drink will hydrate FC Cincinnati on sidelines at matches and training sessions, in locker rooms and in training facilities. BODYARMOR's logo and branding will be featured on coolers, cups, squirt bottles and towels on sidelines starting this upcoming season. BODYARMOR and FC Cincinnati will also join forces to host local community fan events, including match day Fan Fests, and support BODYARMOR's youth initiative, which will provide local youth programs with sideline equipment, essential hydration needs and more.
"Much like our club, BODYARMOR is a fast-growing, ambitious brand that is popular with our fanbase, so this is a natural partnership for us," FC Cincinnati Chief Operating Officer Dennis Carroll said. "We're excited to welcome BODYARMOR to the FCC family, and look forward to working with them not only on the soccer side of our club, but also partnering with them on their community youth initiatives, which is a key focus for our club."
In addition to the multiple-year FC Cincinnati deal, BODYARMOR has also announced partnerships today with 18 additional MLS teams across the country. BODYARMOR was initially announced as "Official Sports Drink" of Major League Soccer in September 2019. It was the largest multi-year partnership in BODYARMOR history.
"Given the exciting growth of Major League Soccer as a whole and seeing the impact that each team has within their community, we couldn't be more thrilled to expand our partnership to include 19 MLS clubs," said Kobe Bryant, NBA legend and BODYARMOR investor. "As a go-to option for those in need of hydration, we're excited for the opportunity to provide better-for-you options to Major League Soccer's world-class athletes both on and off the pitch."
BODYARMOR's partnerships with FC Cincinnati and Major League Soccer come at a pivotal time for the brand, as BODYARMOR's growth continues to accelerate and challenge the market leaders. Now the #2 sports drink sold in convenience stores nationwide, BODYARMOR has incredible momentum at retail nationwide and just recently eclipsed $700 million in sales in 2019.
FC Cincinnati will return to the field for their second MLS season on Sunday, March 1, when the team opens the season on the road against the New York Red Bulls. After a road game at Atlanta United FC on Saturday, March 7, FCC will open its 2020 home slate on Saturday, March 14, when the team hosts D.C. United at Nippert Stadium in a 5:30 p.m. game. Season Ticket Memberships are still available for purchase and start at $230 per ticket. A 2020 Season Ticket Membership also secures fans' place on the club's priority list, which will be utilized when sales begin in the new West End Stadium for the 2021 season. Information about all 2020 ticket options - season tickets, multiple-game options, group tickets and individual-game tickets - is available at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Rey Ortiz
- FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation Release 2019 Community Report & Unveil 2020 Initiatives
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Siem De Jong
- FC Cincinnati Head Coach Ron Jans Resigns
- FC Cincinnati's 2020 promotional calendar, special ticket packages and Fan Fest announced