Bob Schneider to Perform at the Dell Diamond Saturday
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Ryan Sanders Entertainment announced Thursday night that Bob Schneider will play immediately following Saturday night's game between the Round Rock Express and Nashville Sounds as part of the St. David's Round Rock Express Summer Concert Series, presented by Dell. Schneider replaces Lou Gramm, who was forced to cancel due to viral laryngitis. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. CDT, and the concert will begin approximately 20 minutes following the games conclusion.
Gramm had to cancel both of his holiday weekend shows due to the illness. Gramm was scheduled to perform in New York City in addition to playing in Round Rock.
"With regrets, Lou Gramm has had to cancel his performance at The Dell Diamond Saturday, July 2 after contracting viral laryngitis, which requires strict vocal rest," Ryan Sanders Entertainment Vice President JJ Gottsch said. "Lou's personal ENT has ordered Lou to rest for the next 7-to-10 days before reevaluating his condition. Lou was looking forward to the show and hoping for a make-up date in the near future."
Schneider is a well-known solo artist that has been playing Austin venues for the past 12-plus years. Schneider, originally from Ypsilanti, Mich., has won 24 Austin Music Awards, including Musician of the Year (fives times), Best Songwriter (fives times), Album of the Year (three times) and Song of the Year (twice).
Although Schneider tours nationwide, he is best known as a true Austin musician.
"Although we're disappointed that Lou and his band will not be able to perform, we are thrilled that we were able to work something out with Bob and know that he will put on an awesome show," Gottsch said.
Tickets to the game and concert are available by calling 512.255.2255 or online via www.RoundRockExpress.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 30, 2011
- Memphis Takes Opener, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Robinson Homers Not Enough In Wild, 18-13 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Use Ninth Inning Rally To Defeat Iowa - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cubs Comeback Falls Short - Iowa Cubs
- Express Edge Nashville 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Take Flight Over RedHawks - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds' Win Streak Ends with 6-5 Loss in Round Rock - Nashville Sounds
- Bob Schneider to Perform at the Dell Diamond Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza Opens Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Round Rock Symphony to Highlight Salute to America at Dell Diamond - Round Rock Express
- Brown Named to PCL All-Star Team - Memphis Redbirds
- P Jose Valdez to DL, P Casey Fien Activated - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Lemahieu Optioned to Iowa; Mateo Recalled - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Add to Action-Packed Independence Day Weekend - Reno Aces
- Napoli, Webb Join Express on Rehab - Round Rock Express
- Three Cubs Named to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers Present 'Welcome to the Big Ten Night' - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Big Inning Propels Express to 11-4 Win over Sky Sox
- Reckless Kelly Celebrity Softball Jam Set for Sunday, September 23
- Express Fall to Sky Sox 6-5 After Frenetic Finish
- Dell Diamond Makes Fear the Walking Dead Debut Tonight
- Express Beat Fog, Sky Sox in Series Opener