Bob Boughner Named 9th Coach in San Jose Sharks History
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - The San Jose Sharks announced that the organization has selected its coaching staffs at both the National Hockey League (NHL) and American Hockey League (AHL) levels.
Bob Boughner has been named the ninth head coach in Sharks history after serving as the interim head coach for 37 games during the 2019-20 season. Along with Boughner, the Sharks have named Rocky Thompson as associate coach and John Madden as assistant coach.
"Bob did a tremendous job last season, getting our group back to playing with an identity and structure that we need in order to be successful," said Wilson. "We saw a marked improvement in our play in several key areas during the second half of the season, before losing some key players to injury.
"We're also very pleased to add Rocky and John to our staff. Both come with a wealth of experience, both in playing the game and as teachers and leaders. With a healthy and motivated group of players, we are confident that this staff will do a terrific job leading our group in the coming years."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 28, 2020
- Bob Boughner Named 9th Coach in San Jose Sharks History - Windsor Spitfires
- Hishon Skills Corp Preparing Players for the Upcoming Season - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windsor Spitfires Stories
- Teacher's Life Academic Spotlight: Pasquale Zito
- Spitfires Sad to Hear of the Passing of Avid Spitfires Fan Christopher James Hornby
- Spitfires Supporting the 4th Annual 24-Hour Bench Talks & Sleep out Event with Reverend Ron Dunn and the Downtown Mission
- Spitfires Supporting Grow on Windsor Campaign
- Two Spitfires and a Priority Selection Draftee on NHL Draft Preliminary Watchlist