Bo Bichette's Three Hits, Three Steals Lead NH to 1,000th Win
Manchester, N.H. - Led by Bo Bichette's three hits and three stolen bases, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) recorded the 1,000th regular season win in franchise history, 7-5 over the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) on Sunday afternoon at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
Bichette, the No. 9 prospect in baseball according to MLB.com, went 3-for-4 with three singles, three stolen bases, two RBIs and a walk. The 20-year-old now has four multi-hit games in the last six days, and leads the league with 20 stolen bases.
Jonathan Davis recorded his first four-hit game of the season, including a leadoff walk and three leadoff singles. Davis now has a .466 on-base percentage when batting at the start of an inning.
The Baysox started the game with three singles to load the bases, but Justin Dillon (W, 1-1) allowed just one run on a sacrifice fly by Ryan Mountcastle. Dillon finished after five innings, allowing only two earned runs (three unearned) on five hits with a walk and a strikeout.
The Fisher Cats turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 lead with Cavan Biggio's two-run double in the bottom of the first, and never surrendered the advantage. Bichette made it 3-1 with an RBI single in the third, and New Hampshire added four in the fourth to build a sizeable cushion.
After Aderlin Rodriguez hit a solo shot for Bowie to narrow the gap to 3-2 in the fourth, the Fisher Cats made it 7-2 with a two-run double from Jon Berti and RBI singles from Bichette and Max Pentecost in the bottom half.
Bowie crept back with three runs in the sixth, but the score stayed at 7-5 the rest of the way, thanks to scoreless relief pitching from Nick Hartman (H, 1), Travis Bergen (H, 1) and Jose Fernandez (S, 1).
After a 3-3 homestand, the Fisher Cats hit the road for their longest trip of the season, featuring three games against the Akron RubberDucks, Altoona Curve and Erie SeaWolves.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 10, 2018
- Bo Bichette's Three Hits, Three Steals Lead NH to 1,000th Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sever, Brady Help RubberDucks Cruise - Akron RubberDucks
- Turnbull Fans Eleven in Complete Game Shutout - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Rally Falls Short in 7-5 Loss - Bowie Baysox
- Thunder Shut out in Series Finale - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels Falter with Five-Run Lead; Drop Series - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Gutierrez's Heroics Send Senators to Comeback Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Dunn and Done; Ponies Avoid Sweep in Trenton - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Turnbull shuts out Fightins in series finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Rubber Match-Up Goes to the Ducks, Beat Portland 7-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve and Yard Goats Canceled on Sunday - Altoona Curve
- Yard Goats Rained out in Altoona on Sunday - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #62 - Rumble Ponies (33-28) at Thunder (36-24) - 1:00 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Game Notes vs. Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Richmond - Game #61 - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 10th vs. Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Hector Perez Strikes out Seven in 3-2 Loss to Altoona
- Heidt Has Three Hits But Fisher Cats Fall
- First-Place Fisher Cats Start Three-Game Homestand on Tuesday, Could Welcome 5 Millionth Fan on Thursday
- Mother Nature Prevents Completion of Sunday's 'Cats Game
- Playoff Hunt Continues Despite 'Cats Loss