Bo Bichette's Big Night Leads Fisher Cats over Baysox, 4-2
Manchester, N.H. - Bo Bichette finished a homer shy of the cycle, Harold Ramirez homered with three RBIs, and T. J. Zeuch put together another strong outing as the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) opened the series with a 4-2 win over the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) on Friday night at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
Danny Young (S, 1) struck out pinch hitter D'Arby Myers with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth to secure the win for New Hampshire (36-24). Zeuch worked the first seven innings, allowing two runs on four hits. Jose Fernandez and Andrew Case worked in relief.
The Fisher Cats took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning. Cavan Biggio singled, Bichette doubled, and Ramirez knocked in the run with a groundout.
Bowie's designated hitter Audry Perez homered in the top of the second inning to tie the game at 1-1. The Baysox took the lead in the top of the sixth when Anthony Santander tripled and scored on a groundout by Ryan Mountcastle.
New Hampshire came right back with a run in the bottom of the sixth inning. Bichette tripled off the right field wall and scored on a single by Ramirez to make it 2-2.
The Fisher Cats broke the tie in the bottom of the seventh inning. Patrick Cantwell walked, moved to second on a single by Gunnar Heidt, and to third when Jonathan Davis reached on a hit-by-pitch. Biggio's sacrifice fly proved to be the game-winner.
Ramirez homered in the bottom of the eighth off reliever Michael Kelly (L, 1-4) for an insurance run. Ramirez finished 2-for-4, while Gunnar Heidt put together a 3-for-4 night.
New Hampshire and Bowie play again on Saturday at 6:35 p.m. at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
Lace up your PF Flyers, grab your glove, and head to the ballpark, just don't look over that fence! The Fisher Cats will celebrate The Sandlot 25th Anniversary with videos, games, music and more. You'll remember this night FOR-EV-ER. Stick around after the game for a spectacular Beach Boys Fireworks show courtesy of Atlas Fireworks and TESTSTRIPZ.com! For tickets and information, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 8, 2018
- Pork Roll Burn Spiedies, 10-2 - Trenton Thunder
- RubberDucks Coast over Sea Dogs 8-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- Senators Comeback from Five-Run Deficit to Beat Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Daniel Murphy Blasts Go-Ahead Homer; Downs Squirrels - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie Wins Fifth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Pork Roll Salt Away Spiedies in Sandwich Showdown - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Akron Uses a Big Third to Beat Portland, 8-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Late runs by Erie spoils Reading's comeback - Reading Fightin Phils
- Vieaux Hushes Hartford in Debut, Curve Hold on to Win - Altoona Curve
- Bo Bichette's Big Night Leads Fisher Cats over Baysox, 4-2 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Yard Goats 9th Inning Rally Falls Short in Loss - Hartford Yard Goats
- Baysox Falter Late in 4-2 Loss - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 8th vs. Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
- McBroom Heads to SWB - Trenton Thunder
- Spiedies Game Notes: Game #60 - Spiedies (33-26) at Pork Roll (34-24) - 7:00 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Game Notes: vs. Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Welcome Cespedes on Rehab - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Unveil Father's Day Festivities - Bowie Baysox
- Robson Walks off in 13th to Sweep Goats - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- New Hampshire Sweeps Doubleheader, Wins Third Straight
- Monday's Fisher Cats - Rumble Ponies Game Postponed
- Fisher Cats RHP T.J. Zeuch Named Pitcher of the Week
- New Hampshire Breaks out Bats to Avoid Sweep
- Biggio's Blast Not Enough as 'Cats Fall in Altoona