Blue Rocks Release 2022 Season Schedule
WILMINGTON, DE - The Wilmington Blue Rocks will be kicking off their 30th anniversary season at home in 2022. Entering their second season as the High-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals, the Blue Rocks released their 2022 schedule today.
"We are all so eager to move beyond the pandemic and get back to normal and Blue Rocks baseball all summer long is a big part of that," said Blue Rocks managing partner Dave Heller. "There's no better place for a family outing or a company gathering than Frawley Stadium and we look forward to welcoming back people throughout Delaware, southeast Pennsylvania, southern Jersey and Cecil County, Maryland all summer long."
After playing only 60 home games in 2021, fans will get to see more Blue Rocks baseball next season. The schedule consists of 132 games - 66 at home and 66 on the road. The Blue Crew will open the season at home with a three-game series against the Brooklyn Cyclones (NYM) on Friday, April 8, 2022.
As Major League Baseball seeks to limit player travel, the Blue Rocks will play mostly within the North Division in 2022. Wilmington will visit the Southern Division only twice; the team plays back-to-back series against the Greensboro Grasshoppers (PIT) and Rome Braves (ATL) in June and the Winston-Salem Dash (CWS) and Hickory Crawdads (TEX) in July.
The three closest MLB teams to Wilmington, the Philadelphia Phillies, the Baltimore Orioles, and the New York Mets will each send their best prospects to Wilmington many times over the course of the season. The Phillies' High-A affiliate, the Jersey Shore BlueClaws (PHI), come to Wilmington 18 times. Wilmington takes on the Brooklyn Cyclones 15 times at home and hosts the Aberdeen IronBirds 12 times.
"The support that we received in our return to the field in 2021 was incredible." Said Blue Rocks General Manager Vince Bulik. "Now, being able to turn the page and look towards 2022, which will be the team's 30th anniversary season, is something we're very excited about."
Fans will have 15 chances to see the Rocks at home in May, and another 12 each month in June, July and August, before closing out the 2022 season at home in September with six games against Hudson Valley. Game times, season ticket information, policies and procedures, promotions, and more, will be available in the near future. To download the full schedule click here!
The Blue Rocks will celebrate their 30th anniversary season in 2022, and their second year of affiliation with the Washington Nationals. The Blue Rocks play at Judy Johnson Field at Daniel S. Frawley Stadium on the Wilmington Riverfront in downtown Wilmington, Delaware. The Blue Rocks are owned and operated by Main Street Baseball, Ballpark Digest's 2016 Organization of the Year. For more information, please visit bluerocks.com
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Brooklyn Hits Three Homers, But Falls 4-3 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Big Night for De La Cruz in 4-3 Wednesday Win - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Drive Blank Ironbirds, 4-0 - Greenville Drive
- Tonight's Game Postponed - Rome Braves
- Hot Rods Reveal 2022 Schedule - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Blue Rocks Release 2022 Season Schedule - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Tourists Put Dash Away 10-1 in Game Two - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hot Rods and Blue Rocks Canceled on Wednesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Tourists Open Road Trip with Shutout Win - Asheville Tourists
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 15) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hoppers Win at Hudson Valley, Pull One Win Away from Postseason Berth - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hoppers Push Gades to Brink - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Wilmington Rocks Bowling Green in 10-0 Shutout Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilmington Blue Rocks Stories
- Washington Nationals Announce 2021 Minor League Awards
- Blue Rocks to be Represented in 2021 MLB Postseason
- Joan Adon Becomes 200th Blue Rock to Major League Baseball
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Annual Judy Johnson Night Helps Keep His and Negro League Baseball's Legacy Alive
- Blue Rocks Release 2022 Season Schedule