Blue Jays Sign OF Adam Loewen to Minor League Deal
The Toronto Blue Jays today announced that they have signed OF ADAM LOEWEN to a minor league contract with an invitation to major league spring training.
Loewen, 28, played 59 games with the Bisons last season and hit .227 (47-207) with 10 doubles, eight home runs and 26RBI. The outfielder hit two home runs and drove in a Bisons' season-high six runs on April 15 against Pawtucket. A member of the Bisons 2012 Opening Day Roster, Loewen missed 61 games of the season with a stress fracture in his right foot.
Loewen spent the 2009-2011 seasons in the Blue Jays organization converting to a position player from a pitcher. In 2011 with Triple-A Las Vegas, the lefty hit .306 with 67 extra-base hits.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from January 14, 2013
- Knights Comment to the End of Baseball Lawsuits - Charlotte Knights
- Blue Jays Sign OF Adam Loewen to Minor League Deal - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Bolster Front Office Staff - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders & Bold Gold Announce Five-Year Radio Deal - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Clint Hurdle Headlines Annual Hot Stove Luncheon - Indianapolis Indians
- Syracuse Chiefs Announce New Fireworks Ticket Package - Syracuse Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- 2018 Anthem Auditions Set for March 24
- Bisons to Accept Canadian Cash 'At Par' Through April at Coca-Cola Field for Single-Game Tickets, Concessions
- Bisons Announce 14-Game Spring Training Exhibition Schedule
- 2018 Bisons Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale, March 10. Team Adds Several New Promotions
- Opening Day is Free with Superhero 4-Pack