Blue Coats and Blue Rocks Partner on Delaware Together Campaign
WILMINGTON, DE -As the world unites in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the two professional sports organizations in Delaware are coming together to support and raise money for two of the state's largest health providers. The Delaware Blue Coats and the Wilmington Blue Rocks today unveiled the "Delaware Together" campaign, a joint fundraiser to benefit ChristianaCare and Nemours Children's Health System.
The campaign kicks off with a Delaware Together T-shirt available for purchase HERE. The T-shirts are $20, and all proceeds will be donated to these two health systems currently serving on the front lines of this pandemic. The shirts will be available for an initial pre-sale period of two weeks from April 22 until May 3.
"We can't wait for the next pitch at Frawley Stadium or the next basket at 76ers Fieldhouse," said Blue Coats President Larry Meli. "Each will be more special than usual due to these unprecedented circumstances. In the meantime, we are thrilled to unite with the Blue Rocks and use our platforms to offer a way for our fans to contribute to the front lines of Delaware's health care system, should they have the flexibility to do so."
"It's in these challenging times that the spirit of Delaware really shines," said Blue Rocks managing partner Dave Heller. "There's an unsinkable spirit and determination amongst us to help each other get through even the toughest times. That's why our two organizations have joined forces to support our community heroes with these awesome t-shirts and why we're asking all First Staters to give whatever they can as we raise money for our dedicated and selfless health care workers and first responders to help them effectively conquer the COVID-19 crisis."
Please note that stadium pick-up is an option for those who wish to save on shipping. However, due to mandated closures, pick-up will be delayed until further notice. The order window for the Delaware Together campaign T-shirt will run from April 22-May 3. T-shirts will begin shipping 10-14 days after the May 3 deadline.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 22, 2020
- Legends Host Drive-Up COVID-19 Food Drive Presented by Kia - Texas Legends
- Blue Coats and Blue Rocks Partner on Delaware Together Campaign - Delaware Blue Coats
- Skyhawks Launch First 'Skyhawks Virtual Fitness' - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Blue Coats Broadcast Academy Powered by Rowan Radio Set to Hit Airwaves
- Where Are They Now? Russ Smith
- Jameer Nelson Named Delaware Blue Coats Assistant General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats' Marial Shayok and Christ Koumadje Receive 2019-20 All-NBA G League Honors
- Christ Koumadje Named 2019-20 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year