Blue Bombers Sign Brett Carter to Contract
WINNIPEG, MB - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed non-import receiver Brett Carter to a contract.
Carter (6-0, 200, Winnipeg Rifles, DOB: September 5, 1992 in Winnipeg, Manitoba) has been practicing with the Blue Bombers since the beginning of training camp and appeared in both preseason games for the team, catching two passes for 21 yards. He joined the Winnipeg Rifles in 2011 and started six games as a rookie before becoming a mainstay in 2012, starting all eight games and leading the conference in receptions (48) and yards (782), while also finishing the season ranked second in touchdown receptions with six. Carter was named a CJFL All-Canadian and took home MVP honours with the Rifles, on top of being named a Prairie Football Conference All-Star.
Carter will dress for Friday night's game against the Toronto Argonauts and has changed his number to #80.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 18, 2013
- Blue Bombers Sign Brett Carter to Contract - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Ti-Cats Release Three Players - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Receiver to Roster
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Hold Mini-Camp in Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Deliver Violence against Women Programming
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Deliver Healthy Relationships Programming in Snow Lake