Blondie to Perform at Kaiser Permanente Arena
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Kaiser Permanente Arena, home of the Santa Cruz Warriors, announced today Blondie will come to Santa Cruz on Friday, May 22 at 7:00 p.m. PDT.
Santa Cruz Warriors fans who sign up for Warriors Insider will have access to an exclusive ticket presale beginning Wednesday, February 26. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday, February 27.
For the past four decades, Blondie has become and still remains a national treasure. The band's influence has both shaped and continues to inform the worlds of music, fashion and art.
Comprised of singer-songwriter Debbie Harry, guitarist and co-writer Chris Stein, powerhouse drummer Clem Burke, and long-time band members bassist Leigh Foxx, guitarist Tommy Kessler and keyboardist Matt Katz-Bohen, Blondie's chart-topping success, fearless spirit and rare longevity led to an induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2006, a NME Godlike Genius Award in 2014, a Q Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music in 2016, the 2017 Silver Clef Outstanding Achievement Award and more than 45 million albums sold worldwide to date.
Debbie Harry's persona and the band's boundary-pushing pop have shaped the look and sound of many chart-topping female artists who followed in the last three decades. Blondie's most recent album, Pollinator, delves even deeper into this concept: inspiration from Blondie's action-packed, cross-pollinating past shaping the sound of our collective future. The band released their 11th studio album entitled Pollinator during 2017. Selected as one of Rolling Stone Magazine's 20 Best Pop Albums of 2017, Pollinator is a remarkable album that stands alongside any in their celebrated and trailblazing career. GRAMMY® Award-winning producer John Congleton (The Decemberists, St. Vincent, Sigur Ros) brought out the late '70s Parallel Lines attitude of Blondie again on Pollinator, with arrangements that are fast and fun, lyrics that are romantic and teasing, and synth-stoked hooks that evoke the new wave era.
For more information about the show or the Santa Cruz Warriors, please visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 12, 2020
- Warriors Acquire Dominic Green - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rabb Named to USA February 2020 Americup Qualifying Team - Westchester Knicks
- Gaddy and Hall Named to AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jalen Jones to Play for Team USA Americup Qualifying Team - Capital City Go-Go
- Blondie to Perform at Kaiser Permanente Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- James Webb III Named to USA Men's February 2020 AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Acquire Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Jaylen Adams Named to Usa Men's World Cup Qualifying T Eam - Wisconsin Herd
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Brandon Goodwin to Multi-Year Contract - College Park Skyhawks
- NBA G League News and Notes: NBA All-Star 2020 - G League
- Mad Ants to Host "You Make the Call" Referee Clinic - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Omari Spellman to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Strong 4th Helps Lift Maine to Overtime Victory - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund