Blizzard Sign DB Devron Davis
Devron Davis, who tried out with the NFL's Baltimore Ravens and drew interest from the San Francisco 49ers, has signed with the IFL's Green Bay Blizzard.
Davis was a legitimate NFL draft prospect after a stellar senior season at the University of Texas-San Antonio, which is an NCAA Division I athletic program. His blend of size, 5'11" and 200 lbs, and speed, put him on the radar as he ran a 4.5 40-yard dash.
At UTSA, Davis had 51 tackles (36 solo), including 12 for loss, and picked off three passes. During his senior season, he started all 11 games, made 25 tackles, picked off two passes and had six pass breakups. He had a 22-yard interception return against rival Texas-El Paso, and broke up a pass and had four tackles in an upset win over Power 5 Baylor of the Big 12.
Davis, a native of California, is the cousin of NFL players Vernon and Vontae Davis.
"We're excited to have him Devron is a big, athletic defensive back with great ball skills," said Roberson. He had a great senior season in college and earned long looks from NFL teams.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from January 28, 2020
- Oakland Panthers to Partner with Phenom Elite as Official Uniform and On-Field Apparel Provider - Oakland Panthers
- Blizzard Sign DB Devron Davis - Green Bay Blizzard
- Strike Force Training Camp Preview: Defensive Front - San Diego Strike Force
- Arizona Rattlers Statement Regarding Lance McDowdell - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.