Blades Defeat Pats 3-2 at SaskTel Centre Thursday Night
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatoon Blades chalked up another win on Thursday night with a 3-2 pre-season victory over the Regina Pats at SaskTel Centre. The win leaves the Blades with a 6-0 record with one game remaining on the 2018 exhibition schedule.
Saskatoon struck first on the power play thanks to a goal from Kirby Dach 3:04 into the first period, with Michael Farren and Jackson Caller adding assists. Zach Ashton increased the lead to 2-0 with his second goal of the pre-season, this time Brady Nicholas assisting for his first point of the fall.
Regina's Garrett Wright scored the lone goal of the second period to get the visitors within one heading into the third. Then Robbie Holmes tied it midway through the final 20 minutes; Garrett Wright earned his second point of the night with an assist.
Late in the period, Parker Gavlas was assessed a 5-minute major and game misconduct for checking to the head. The Blades power play quickly went to work scoring just 9 seconds into the 5-minute man advantage. Brandon Machado tipped in a point shot from Jackson Caller, and Michael Farren helped with the second assist for his 2nd point of the night, and 9th of the pre-season in just 5 outings.
Nolan Maier looked like his old self stopping 45/47 shots faced in his first game of the pre-season to pick up the win for Saskatoon. At the other end Matthew Pesenti and Carter Woodside split the duties each making 14 saves.
The Blades will close out the pre-season on Saturday in Prince Albert against the Raiders. The 2018 home opener will take place next Saturday on September 22nd when the Blades play host to the Swift Current Broncos.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2018
- Blades Unveil Plans for Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Day: ICE Face Division Rival Hitmen in Invermere - Kootenay Ice
- Chiefs Down to Two Goalies After Campbell Arnold Released for Reassignment - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings Looking for Westoba Wheat Kings Jr Reporters - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE, Jason Wheeldon Personal Real Estate Corp. Launch Family Fun Zone - Kootenay Ice
- 2018-19 Promotion Schedule Announced - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Wrap Preseason at Home to Prince Albert Friday - Regina Pats
- Blades Defeat Pats 3-2 at SaskTel Centre Thursday Night - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Felled by Blades - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.