Bisons Win over the IronPigs
Buffalo tallied four unanswered runs in the seventh and eighth to seal a 6-4 victory over the IronPigs Saturday night at Coca-Cola Field.
Trailing 3-2 in the seventh, Danny Jansen led off the inning sending a ball right back up the middle to represent the tying run. Gregorio Petit stepped into the box and ripped a ball all the way to the wall in deep center allowing Jensen to race home all the way from first to tie the game at three. Roemon Fields then picked up his third hit of the game serving a ball into right to deliver the go-ahead run and make it 4-3 Buffalo in the seventh frame.
Video: Roemon Fields RBI Single
Jason Leblebijian, who is the club leader in RBI, drove in a pair of insurance runs in the eighth. Teoscar Hernandez started the inning with a double and Petit provided a base hit to give the Herd two base runners. Leblebijian then sent the full-count pitch to the wall in left bringing home both runs for a 6-3 lead.
Dwight Smith Jr. was the first Buffalo base runner when he reached with a two-out walk in the first frame. Rowdy Tellez stayed hot blasting a ball into the gap that allowed Smith Jr. to scamper home just ahead of the tag for the first run of the game.
An error by IronPigs' shortstop on a potential double play ball kept the second inning alive for the Herd. Gregorio Petit reached on a fielder's choice followed by Jason Leblebijian reaching on an error. The Bisons capitalized on the IronPigs' miscue when Roemon Fields slapped a ball into right scoring Petit from second to give the Herd a 2-0 lead.
Bisons Notes: Roemon Fields was 3-4 with two RBI... Gergorio Petit went 2-4 with a RBI and three runs scored... Dwight Smith Jr. was 0-1 with three walks and one run scored.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 6, 2017
- Knights Fall to G-Braves Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Salt Potatoes Mash 14 Hits, Top Wings - Syracuse Chiefs
- Gwinnett defeats Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bats Lose Another One-Run Ball Game - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Win over the IronPigs - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians Edge Bats Behind Glasnow and the Bullpen - Indianapolis Indians
- Johnson Tosses Five Strong Innings in Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- 2018 Anthem Auditions Set for March 24
- Bisons to Accept Canadian Cash 'At Par' Through April at Coca-Cola Field for Single-Game Tickets, Concessions
- Bisons Announce 14-Game Spring Training Exhibition Schedule
- 2018 Bisons Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale, March 10. Team Adds Several New Promotions
- Opening Day is Free with Superhero 4-Pack