Bisons Set to Begin New Ballpark Era at Sahlen Field
With Bisons Opening Day against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders set Thursday, April 4, the team is just 35 days away from opening the gates at the newly-named Sahlen Field for the first time. And as fans eagerly await the return of baseball in 2019, the Bisons and Sahlen Packing Company today announced several of the new promotions and concession items that will celebrate this great new partnership.
The excitement begins with Opening Day as Sahlen's will not only sponsor the 2019 Magnetic Schedule Giveaway to all fans in attendance, but the first 1,000 fans through the ballpark gates will also receive a free Sahlen's hot dog.
Partnering with a company like Sahlen's, which has been providing great service and products to customers for 150 years, also gives the Bisons the opportunity to bring even more great local concessions into the ballpark. The Footlong Hot Dog will return to Sahlen Field for those with a bigger appetite, while the team will also offer an All-Beef Hot Dog. The ballpark's concourse will now also feature the all new Sahlen's Specialty Section, which will feature various "specialty dogs' throughout the season. And an all new item, the Hot Ham Sandwich will make its debut in the team's Buffalocal Stand, bringing even more of Sahlen's great products into the ballpark.
One of the best things about hot dogs is everyone has their own way they like it. In celebration of that, the Bisons and Sahlen's will also hold a "Top Your Dog Contest' during the summer months of the season. Fans will be asked to submit their favorite, unique style of hot dog toppings with the winner of a fan vote being able to personally present their hot dog at an upcoming Bisons game. Details of contest will be announced at Bisons.com soon.
All 2019 Bisons season tickets, ticket packs, memberships and party areas are now on sale at Bisons.com. Individual game tickets for the upcoming season go on sale on Saturday, March 9 in conjunction with the team's annual Family Day Open House at Sahlen Field (11am-2pm).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Gwinnett Stripers Preseason Party on March 3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bats and Four Roses to Unveil New Re-Brand on Thursday, March 7 - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Stripers, Slow Pour Brewing Company Partner for "Slow Pour Brewing Taproom" - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Set to Begin New Ballpark Era at Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Announce 2020 Promo Schedule
- Blue Jays Announce Several Minor League Signings Including 2019 Bisons C Patrick Cantwell
- Are You Ready? Huckaby Introduced as New Bisons Skipper
- Former Bisons Skipper Bobby Meacham Joins Phillies Staff
- Bisons' Rob Free Named Chairman of New York State Restaurant Association