Bisons Lose to Rochester
The Bisons lose their third straight as they fail to get their offense going falling 3-2 to Rochester, Tuesday night and Coca-Cola Field.
With two outs and runners on the corners in the seventh, Red Wings DH ByungHo Park singled to plate the go-ahead run and give Rochester a late 3-2 advantage.
Jason Leblebijian and Mike Ohlman started the bottom of the ninth both being hit by a pitch to put on the go-ahead and winning runs. However, Red Wings pitcher Michael Tonkin stopped the rally by striking out the side to end the game.
The Herd's starter Lucas Harrell allowed three runs on ten hits, striking out six and walking three. All ten of the hits he allowed were singles. Harrell was charged with the loss moving his record to 0-1 this year.
The Red Wings recorded four singles in the second inning. One of which came with the bases loaded by Zack Granite to give Rochester a 1-0 lead
In an early one-run hole, Rowdy Tellez evened the score with a moon shot to right estimated at 410 feet. The homerun was his sixth of the season.
Video: Rowdy Tellez Solo Home Run
The other Buffalo run came in the third inning. Roemon Fields led things off with a single down the line to left. He wasted no time stealing second on the first pitch for his 14th steal of the season. He was able to move over to third on a passed ball by Red Wings catcher John Ryan Murphy . Jake Elmore then drove in the run with a ground out to second scoring Fields from third and taking a 2-1 lead.
The Herd will look to bounce back and end their three-game losing streak Wednesday night against the Red Wings. First pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Coca-Cola Field.
Bisons notes: Roemon Fields was 2-3 with a run scored...All 14 hits allowed by Buffalo pitchers were singles.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 28, 2017
- Indians Use Long Ball to Beat Bulls - Indianapolis Indians
- Almanzar Gives Hens Two Straight with Walk-Off - Toledo Mud Hens
- Eshelman Goes for Sixth Win of Season - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Kingery's Two Homer's Not Enough, Pigs Fall - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Hang on Despite Tides Comeback - Louisville Bats
- Louisville defeats Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Lose to Rochester - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bullies Indy Behind Chirinos' Impressive Start - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.