Bisons Fall to RailRiders in 2-1 Matchup
The Bisons dropped their third matchup of the home stand with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, 2-1, after a Miguel Andujar RBI single in the seventh inning.
Andujar's winning at bat came shortly after a double from the RailRiders' Billy McKinney drove in a line drive double to center field. With the first Tim Mayza (L, 0-1) pitch he saw, Andujar batted a single to right field, allowing McKinney to reach home with plenty of time.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's only other run of the night came off of a sac fly from Mark Payton in the second inning. Payton scored Miguel Andujar after batting a pitch towards Bisons right fielder Dwight Smith Jr. to go up 1-0.
The Herd's only run of the day came in the bottom of the fifth frame. After back-to-back walks from Andrew Guillotte and Roemon Fields, Gregorio Petit sent a hopping grounder to first base that gave Guillotte just enough time to reach home and tie the game up at one apiece.
Buffalo stranded plenty of scoring chances on the night. The bases were loaded in the fifth and runners were on second and third in the sixth before the third out was collected. The Bisons finished the night 1-6 with runners in scoring position.
Luis Santos gave the Bisons another solid start with innings of work. Delivering three strikeouts on the day, Santos let just one run by on his watch and a pair of hits. Mayza serviced the mound for two innings, giving up a run in that time. Dominic Leone and John Stilson closed out the game, each with a scoreless inning of relief.
Buffalo closes out their four-game home stand with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Sunday with first pitch coming in at 1:05 p.m. Southpaw Brett Oberholtzer (1-6, 4.70 ERA) will man the mound for the Herd and Domingo German (2-1, 3.94 ERA) will start for the RailRiders.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 16, 2017
- Pitmasters Fall to G-Braves 9-4 Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Errors and Walks Doom Pigs in Loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham defeats Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Rallies Fall Short in Chiefs' Loss to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Fall to RailRiders in 2-1 Matchup - Buffalo Bisons
- Mahle Picks up His First Triple-A Win - Louisville Bats
- Hens Lose Third Straight in Front of Sellout Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan Dandes to be Awarded Niagara University's Caritas Medal
- The Long History of Former Bisons as World Series Managers
- Sahlen Field - the New Home of the Herd
- Ballpark Home of the Buffalo Bisons Renamed as 'Sahlen Field'
- Once Again, Bisons Well Represented in MLB Postseason