Bisons Fall to IronPigs in Slugfest, 14-13
The Bisons were locked in a slugfest with the IronPigs Friday night and for the second straight game, the Herd played into extra-innings. This time, Buffalo fell, 14-13.
A four-run bottom of the tenth inning finalized by a two-run, walk-off double by Matt McBride sank the Bisons hopes of capturing a victory.
The two teams combined for an exorbitant 36 hits and six home runs.
The Herd secured a seven-run cushion by the end of the first two innings of play only to have the lead evaporate by the ninth inning when Lehigh Valley tied the game at ten runs apiece.
The IronPigs scored six runs between the eighth and ninth innings largely in part because of home runs by McBride, Colin Cowgill and Nick Rickles.
In the tenth, the Bisons started the inning just as planned and the offensive production the team saw at the beginning of the game resurfaced.
Roemon Fields dropped down a perfectly placed bunt and hustled down the line safely for an infield single. This moved Tim Lopes, who started the inning at second base, to third.
With two runners in scoring position and one out, Richard Urena grounded out but brought home the then go-ahead run.
In his first game back from the All-Star game, Danny Jansen sailed a line drive over the left field fence to expand the lead to three runs before the IronPigs answered in their half of the inning.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 13, 2018
- Bisons Fall to IronPigs in Slugfest, 14-13 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs Rally Back from Seven-Run Deficit to Walk-Off against Bisons - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Mud Hens Drop Game Two in Shutout Fashion - Toledo Mud Hens
- Clippers Grand Slam in Ninth Sinks Bats, 9-5 - Louisville Bats
- Stewart Makes Short Work of Gwinnett in Extras - Norfolk Tides
- Pomeranz, PawSox Fall to Syracuse, 6-3 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Stripers Lose Another in Extras, 5-4 in Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Hernandez Homers, Milone and 'Pen Strong as Chiefs Top Sox - Syracuse Mets
- Knights Drop Friday's Game to Bulls 5-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Wings Cruise to 9-1 Win over Scranton Friday - Rochester Red Wings
- Weber, Williams Lift Bulls to Win over Knights - Durham Bulls
- Waddell Fans Career-High Nine as Indians Blast Mud Hens - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Shuts down RailRiders' Bats - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- If You Film It, They Will Come - Indianapolis Indians
- OF Nicky Delmonico Joins Knights Today on MLB Rehab - Charlotte Knights
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Friday, July 13, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Hernan Iribarren Reaches 1,500 Professional Hits - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats Notes: July 13 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (48-40) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (50-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Syracuse Chiefs Homestand Highlights - July 16th-22nd - Syracuse Mets
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders and BUSH'S Beans Team-Up Against Hunger - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gwinnett Stripers Homestand Highlights: July 16-22 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wings Start Second Half with 2-1 Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons' Announce 'Season of Giving'; Team to Make Ticket Donation with Every Ticket Pack Purchased in December
- Minor League Baseball Named "Most Family Friendly" Per Sports Business Journal Survey
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan Dandes to be Awarded Niagara University's Caritas Medal
- The Long History of Former Bisons as World Series Managers
- Sahlen Field - the New Home of the Herd