Big Ten Offensive Lineman Burrell Signs with Tucson
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed rookie offensive lineman Matt Burrell for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
OL Matt Burrell (6'4", 305, Ohio State University) will join the Sugar Skulls for his rookie season in the IFL. Burrell spent the early part of his college career at Ohio State, protecting the eventual No. 1 overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, Joe Burrow. After redshirting his freshman year for the Buckeyes, Burrell played in all 13 games for the program in 2016, followed by 12 games in 2017. The Woodbridge, Virginia native then transferred to Sam Houston State University, where he finished his college career.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 8, 2020
- First-Year Offensive Linemen Hickey, Thomas Signed by Rattlers - Arizona Rattlers
- Big Ten Offensive Lineman Burrell Signs with Tucson - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Big Ten Offensive Lineman Burrell Signs with Tucson
- Third-Year IFL Receiver Augustine Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Rookie Offensive Lineman Brewster Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Reigning IFL Offensive Player of the Year Joins Sugar Skulls
- Khalil Young Joins Sugar Skulls' Defensive Line