Big Innings Lead D-Braves over Burlington
DANVILLE, Va. - The D-Braves tied a season high for hits and extra-base hits in Tuesday night's win over the Burlington Royals at Legion Field, 10-5.
In the first inning, Danville broke open with a 4-0 lead, all coming with two outs. Carlos Baerga led the scoring with a bases-loaded, two-RBI double. Zack Soria and Nick Vizcaino followed with RBI singles of their own.
The Braves added a run in the second inning behind back-to-back doubles from Greg Cullen and Brett Langhorne. Langhorne notched two RBI's on the night, making three multi-RBI games this season.
D-Braves starter Dilmer Mejia posted his third quality start of his season in Danville. Mejia went six innings, giving up eight hits without surrendering a walk.
After the Royals scored five of the next six runs, Danville finished the game scoring four unanswered. In the seventh, Justin Dean roped a single into left field, scoring Vizcaino, and improving 7-3.
Burlington scored two in the top of the eighth. D-Braves pitcher Connor Simmons surrendered an inning-opening walk, followed by a double and single that cut the Braves lead to 7-5.
The D-Braves would secure its win with three in the bottom half of the eighth after loading the bases. Baerga singled in his third RBI of the evening, including logging his first multi-RBI night of this season. Soria followed with a sac fly and Luis Mejia roped an RBI single.
Danville knotched a season-high in doubles with four on Tuesday.
D-Braves continue their four-game set against the Burlington Royals tomorrow night at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from July 10, 2018
- Pirates Fall in Road Trip Opener - Bristol Pirates
- Big Innings Lead D-Braves over Burlington - Danville Braves
- Romero's Walk-Off Ends Thriller - Kingsport Mets
- D-Braves Host Burlington Royals for Four-Game Series - Danville Braves
- Jarred Kelenic Promoted To Kingsport Mets - Kingsport Mets
- Twins Blank Danville 2-0 - Elizabethton Twins
- Cardinals Win Finale and Series against Pulaski - Johnson City Cardinals
- Pirates Take Series vs. Princeton - Bristol Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.